Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Spoof/anti German propaganda/fundraising iron crosses

Article about: You sometimes see these propaganda/fund raising iron crosses being sold as having been thrown from aeroplanes onto to German troops manning their lines, but a few years back I bought one in

?

Default Spoof/anti German propaganda/fundraising iron crosses

You sometimes see these propaganda/fund raising iron crosses being sold as having been thrown from aeroplanes onto to German troops manning their lines, but a few years back I bought one in its original ‘packet of issue’ which more or less tells the story of these crosses and also shows the manufacturer, Cetandco. CE Turnbull and Co. was a toy wholesaler and manufacturer whose products are usually associated with doll’s houses, rocking horses and die cast figures.

This article says it was suggested that Selfridges produced them too Bogus medal produced after Bombardment of Hartlepool is unearthed - Hartlepool Mail

They can be found cast simply with the word Kultur as my example shows, others have the names of towns or cities attacked or where atrocities took place during the German invasion.

These crosses are reproduced but easy to spot as they have a greyish colour and are bendy as if made from lead or tin.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spoof/anti German propaganda/fundraising iron crosses   Spoof/anti German propaganda/fundraising iron crosses  

?

Another I have is this one but not having the packet it came in or having seen another I have no idea who made it, but assume it was another fund raising anti German propaganda cross. It measures about 80x80mm.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spoof/anti German propaganda/fundraising iron crosses  

Interesting items Tony, I see the Kultur versions every now and then, the other types less commonly.

Here is the example I own.

For brutality
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spoof/anti German propaganda/fundraising iron crosses  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

After you posted your one Jerry I had a dig around in my stuff and found another.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spoof/anti German propaganda/fundraising iron crosses   Spoof/anti German propaganda/fundraising iron crosses  

Good to see another variation Tony. The first one you showed with the packet is hard to top.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I can't say that I've ever seen one in a packet before! Very nice!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Msd21
    ?

Hello gents.

I found this piece in Denmark.

?

this is just the greatest site.