Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual French Commemorative Medal for the Franco- Prussian War

Article about: Hi all. Hopefully this is the most appropriate place to put this. Came across what appears to be a standard French Commemorative medal for the Franco- Prussian War, 1870- 71. The only differ

Default Unusual French Commemorative Medal for the Franco- Prussian War

Hi all. Hopefully this is the most appropriate place to put this. Came across what appears to be a standard French Commemorative medal for the Franco- Prussian War, 1870- 71. The only difference is that usually the tablet on the reverse says "Aux Defenseurs de le Patrie" (to the nations defenders) whereas mine say "Combattant de Gravelotte, B. Ouvrier. " I take this to mean the medal was awarded to a B. Ouvrier who fought at the battle of Gravelotte. I would be interested to find out if any e has any further information about this version of the medal as I cannot find reference to another one online. Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual French Commemorative Medal for the Franco- Prussian War   Unusual French Commemorative Medal for the Franco- Prussian War