Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Model 1910 Bolo Knife

Article about: Hello everyone, I discovered these US bolo knives existed after seeing a recent post on the forum. After reading a reply by Lance (MilitariaOne), I decided I needed one for the collection. I

?

Default US Model 1910 Bolo Knife

Hello everyone,

I discovered these US bolo knives existed after seeing a recent post on the forum. After reading a reply by Lance (MilitariaOne), I decided I needed one for the collection. It didn't take long to find one in a condition that I was happy with and that the seller was happy to post to Australia.

This one is made by Springfield Armoury in 1912 and the canvas scabbard cover in 1918 by Brauer Bros. I was amazed at how weighty the blade is. I'm now on the look out for a parkarized version hopefully with a metal scabbard. Any comments welcome.

Alex

US Model 1910 Bolo KnifeUS Model 1910 Bolo KnifeUS Model 1910 Bolo KnifeUS Model 1910 Bolo KnifeUS Model 1910 Bolo Knife

Nice knife.
    I like the condition that yours is in. Used but not abused.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Excellent Bolo!!!
    That looks great.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Very nice well used bolo; only if the bolo could talk about it's history. Great addition.
    John

Nice Bolo. The prices on these have moved up quite a bit in the last couple of years.

Congrats in getting this past Border Force Australia !!!!!!!!!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Those are very nice and earlier examples than I have. Mine are are family pieces. Model 1917.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Model 1910 Bolo Knife  

Nice bolos! Thanks for sharing! There was a 1917 one at a trade show this weekend. Wish I could have bought it, but it was too expensive for me to buy this month. These posts make me wish I had grabbed it, haha!

?

Thanks for the replies gents. It seems easier to find the later parkarized versions in near mint condition. From what I’ve seen the earlier Springfield bright bladed ones tend to have a little wear like the bayonets.

Danmark - no issues with customs as it’s a single sided fixed blade knife.

Weller - good to see some blades with a family connection.

Alex