Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 DSC recipient uniform

Article about: Hello everyone, this was arguably my "biggest" SOS purchase and I'm excited to share it with you. This uniform belonged to ww1 DSC recipient pfc Christian A. Johnson. Johnson serve

?

Default WW1 DSC recipient uniform

Hello everyone, this was arguably my "biggest" SOS purchase and I'm excited to share it with you.

This uniform belonged to ww1 DSC recipient pfc Christian A. Johnson. Johnson served in Headquarters company, 106th infantry regiment 27th ID. Born in 1888 in Kalaska County Michigan, Christian growing up on a farm Christian would eventually get his own, but in 1917 as the US entered the war the then 29 year old would be drafted into the army. After arriving in France on June 19th 1918 he would be transferred to the Somme front, wherein on September 27th 1918, German forces would cut off his Company from the rest of the troops, Christian would volunteer to accompany 2 officers on patrol to locate enemy positions and where their advanced troops were. Soon the patrol came under heavy fire, and despite one of the officers being killed Christian continued forward eventually becoming encircled himself. Christian would however make/fight his way out, making it back to his own lines and relaying the critical information.

The uniform contains his field tunic, ribbon bar, and overseas cap. Christian would pass away in 1948 at the age of 60, wherein his uniform would be donated to the local VFW hall in Grand Rapids Michigan where it would remain on display along with the framed information until it came into the hands of a private collection and then to me. Along with the uniform and information from the VFW comes 12 pages of research on pfc Christian A Johnson. The uniform is in great condition with just a few small moth nips hear and there. The DSC is not the original however, it is a ww2-era replacement from when the uniform was donated originally.
    As always thanks for looking and let me know what you think below!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 DSC recipient uniform   WW1 DSC recipient uniform  

WW1 DSC recipient uniform   WW1 DSC recipient uniform  

MAP
    ?

Fantastic tunic. You did very well at the SoS this year.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Fantastic tunic. You did very well at the SoS this year.
    thanks Michael! It was definitely my best show yet, thankfully only 6 months till the next show this time!

Incredible story, I love this uniform and what a great honor you have to be the next caretaker.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wally6 View Post
    thanks Michael! It was definitely my best show yet, thankfully only 6 months till the next show this time!
    Yes. So start saving up! And the Max is 2 1/2 months away
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks TD, it really is a fantastic uniform. I am truly honored to be the one in possession of his uniform.

And unfortunately the MAX is too far away from me, but I definitely hope to go one day!