Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 French Binoculars Value?

Article about: I have a WW1 era set of Jules Huet & Cie 12x binoculars and was wondering if anyone might know what the value of them. The leather case has seen some better days but the binoculars thems

Default WW1 French Binoculars Value?

I have a set of WW1 era Jules Huet & Cie 12x binoculars and was wondering if anyone might know the value of them. The leather case has seen some better days but the binoculars themselves are in pretty good shape and have the "Ministere De La Guerre" marking. I appreciate any input.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 French Binoculars Value?   WW1 French Binoculars Value?  

WW1 French Binoculars Value?   WW1 French Binoculars Value?  

WW1 French Binoculars Value?  

We tend to not give evaluations here for a number of reasons. One being that the price of an item varies depending on the location and time it is being sold. If you are interested in value I would suggest trying to find similar items on either online auction sources or online dealers and see the trends of sales.

Aside from that you have a very nice set there congratulations!

I will not go into ballpark figures as per forum rules, but I can tell you that pairs similar to this sell regularly on the likes of eBay for relatively little money. Unless the binoculars are German, of course, then the value mysteriously skyrockets.

B.B.

Apologies if this type of question is looked down upon here. I had typed "value" in the search bar earlier today and noticed that others had done it with their helmets and such. Also, I heard that these are fairly rare in 12x magnification. All of the ones I have seen on ebay were 6 to 8x.

You have the case with yours which is a plus. As for value that is whatever someone is prepared to pay on the day. Hopefully if the optics are good, no fogging and all parts are serviceable then I'm sure you got them for a good price.

Please , have a look on Google, Jules Huet 12 x
    and you have this :

WW1 & WW2 Australian / British (French Made) S.1 Porro I Binoculars – War Dept Marked | ANZACBLADE
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hello,

Nice binocular.
    Just to mention that these are civilian and not military.
    Military would have a MG stamp for "Misnistere de la guerre".
    On yours it is "fournisseur" (Provider of) the Misnistere de la guerre".

Hell is in detail as always

12x are not common as said. aAd it doesn't prevent them from beeing used by an officer that would have purshased them on his own. As most did.

Bruno