Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 MK1 Brodie helmet authentic?

Article about: Hello, does this ww1 British mk1 helmet look good to you guys. Helmet is for sale online now. The liner seems to be custom; there is no netting or rubber ring, instead it just has the oilclo

Default WW1 MK1 Brodie helmet authentic?

Hello, does this ww1 British mk1 helmet look good to you guys. Helmet is for sale online now. The liner seems to be custom; there is no netting or rubber ring, instead it just has the oilcloth with cloth underneath. Possible private purchase for officer? Also is the flash Canadian, in the pictures it looks black but it may have been dark blue originally but darkened over the years. It looks similar to some I've seen before on Canadian helmets but I'm not sure. Thanks!

Photo?

Sorry, the pictures were up just the other day. Don't know what happened
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 MK1 Brodie helmet authentic?   WW1 MK1 Brodie helmet authentic?  

Attached Images Attached Images WW1 MK1 Brodie helmet authentic? 

Not easy to see from the pictures but the flash does look like it has been added some time later, better pictures of it would help. Can the seller give any details of markings on the rim, maker?

Shell is stamped FS 148. Made by Firth & Son.

The same seller has another by the same British maker with the same type of liner, I would suggest that they are both good and that the liners were produced locally to the factory that pressed out the helmet shells. Our Brodie doyen Composite will be able to tell you more I'm sure.

Thanks but where do you see his other helmet that he is selling? The only other Brodie he has right now is a Canadian mk2