Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ww1 tank crew mask

Article about: Here is some photos of my 1st ww british tank crew mask, which I am told is very rare ?

Beware fakes coming out of the UK Midlands!!

....really?..are they copying these too now?...'not seen any....yet!

They have been faking these for over 20 years now..
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

MAP
    ?

To make this post useful in the future...

ww1 tank crew maskww1 tank crew maskww1 tank crew mask
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default WWI Tank Mask

**UPDATE** This is an example of a fake, a phony, a knock off. There is a person out there trying to sell this mask currently. After doing a ton of research I can say with certainty that this is a reproduction being sold as authentic. There are unfortunately many people out there hoping to prey on the uninformed. I might have been one of them if I didn't know better to ask questions and do more research before purchasing an item like this. I've always been a huge X-Files fan and I guess the title of Episode 6 of Season 9 had it right... "Trust No 1". Sad but true much of the time (especially in the field of military collecting).

ww1 tank crew mask

ww1 tank crew mask

ww1 tank crew mask
    Last edited by KnuckleDuster; 11-26-2020 at 06:44 AM.

I thought there was another thread on here somewhere....I know I’ve accessed quite a thorough and helpful comparison Paper on these in the last year or so......the author had put a lot of work into the topic........or did I dream it all........

My apologies. I should have done a more exhaustive search. Looks like I've found the article--and other threads on the topic--you speak of. I'm convinced the one in question is fake.

After much research on this site, and elsewhere, I was able to land an authentic WWI British tank mask.
    Last edited by KnuckleDuster; 11-25-2020 at 05:53 PM.

I just received my WWI tank mask in the mail today, all the way from the Buckeye State, and I'm absolutely thrilled! There's always a sense of trepidation buying a high valued item on the internet but as you can tell from the images this one is 100% authentic. As a high school history teacher I've been building up a modest collection of vintage militaria, focused mainly on WWI, for the past decade or so. This tank mask will definitely be a centerpiece in my collection and I'm very excited to share it with my students this January.

ww1 tank crew mask

ww1 tank crew mask

ww1 tank crew mask

ww1 tank crew mask

ww1 tank crew mask

ww1 tank crew mask

ww1 tank crew mask

ww1 tank crew mask

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2