Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI 2ND Division officers uniform .

Article about: Picked thisbup at an estate sale .

?

Default WWI 2ND Division officers uniform .

Picked thisbup at an estate sale .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI 2ND Division officers  uniform .   WWI 2ND Division officers  uniform .  

WWI 2ND Division officers  uniform .   WWI 2ND Division officers  uniform .  

Amazing uniform, the bullion rank patches and that second division patch look great! The fourragère looks like its for the croix de guerre, great find.

?

Thank you I love it I almost didn't get it an other guy and I reached for it at the same time but I was a little faster The amount of military at this sale was just incredible. It was a sale of a life time .

Outstanding find! Super nice! The fourragère is for the croix de guerre.

?

O8SMLE48 glad you like it .

?

SECOND INFANTRY DIVISION
    Along with other units of the 2nd Infantry Division cited for outstanding performance in the Meuse-Argonne and the Aisne-Marne campaigns, the 15th FA Regiment received three awards of the French Croix de Guerre with Palm. Additionally, each member of the Regiment was authorized to wear the Fourragere in the colors of the Croix de Guerre. After the Armistice in November 1918, the 15th FA Regiment remained as part of the Army of Occupation in Germany until the summer of 1919. Returning to the United States in August 1919, the 15th FA Regiment took up permanent residence at Fort Sam Houston, Texas

Stunning is all I can type!

Outstanding find!
    It is unusual to find something like that which hasn't been messed about by kids playing "dressing up" or has been hidden in a loft and heavily munched by moths etc. A brilliant piece of history

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thanks guys the more I research this uniform the more I love it . French made uniform the Officer who owened it spent a year and a half over seas and has a wound stripe . Gary

?

A few more photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI 2ND Division officers  uniform .   WWI 2ND Division officers  uniform .  

WWI 2ND Division officers  uniform .  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast