Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Belgian medal groupings

Article about: Hi guys I wanted to share some of my WWI Belgian medal groupings. These where all found on flea markets in the area around Brugges. The first picture is of a grouping as I found it. The case

Lightbulb WWI Belgian medal groupings

Hi guys

I wanted to share some of my WWI Belgian medal groupings. These where all found on flea markets in the area around Brugges.

The first picture is of a grouping as I found it. The case however was very dirty and old. So I had to put them in a new case. This first grouping came with a ton of documents circa. 100.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Belgian medal groupings   WWI Belgian medal groupings  

Default Re: WWI Belgian medal groupings

The second grouping is from a person that was well decorated. He was also a veteran from the "Battle of the Yser" in 1914...

Battle of the Yser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Belgian medal groupings  

This third grouping is also very special (case on the left). Some personal gear, yust take a look at that ring...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Belgian medal groupings  

Last grouping, not much to tell about except the fact that this person was also a veteran of the "Battle of the Yser"...

Battle of the Yser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

?

Nice groups-are they expensive to buy ? Are they readily available or are they getting hard to find?

Perce

Hi perce

For the first grouping I paid 115 euro, wich is far to less then it is worth, considering what I all got, 10 medals, personal gear, pictures, circa. a 100 documents ranging from 1914 till the 1970's.
    For the second grouping I paid 110 euro, again far less then it's actual value, there are 15 medals in that grouping of wich 3 are knight level awards. If you would buy all of these medals seperatly on eBay.be you will pay upp to 250/300 euro to get them all, and when they are a know group you can safely you can find someone who is willing to pay up to 400/500euro for them...
    For the third grouping I also paid 110 euro, again far to less for reasons stated above. I don't know if you can see it on the picture but his WWI name tag and ring are also in that case...
    The fourth grouping cost me 50 euro, again a bargain if I decided to sell them on eBay.

Are they readily available? Hard to say, it took me 2 years and around 50 fleamarkets to obtain these four groupings. You will find a lot of seperate medals here in Belgium, but entire groupings...

Greetz

Nick VR

?

Hi Nick

If you do stick the group on Ebay can you give me the heads up

Cheers
    Perce

OKW
    ?

Amazing numbers considering British and Commonwealth troops could end up with 2 medals, BWM and Victory, for near 3 years of war, with a maximum of 3 if you went the whole distance. No wonder some troops felt entitled to self award foreign decorations such as the croix de guerre. And they couldn't easily be checked upon for entitlement. Neither could the British. No doubt some wearing a Military Medal or M.C weren't entitled.

?

Very nice sets of medals you got there, I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about the table medal? I'm not familiar with that one and would you be able to post a few pictures of it?