Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI MK1 Helmet British / Canadian / or ???

Article about: Hello all, I bought this MK1 helmet (marked FKS 24) a couple of years ago. I noticed that there appears to be a blue painted "shield" marking under the white paint. I have attached

?

Default WWI MK1 Helmet British / Canadian / or ???

Hello all,

I bought this MK1 helmet (marked FKS 24) a couple of years ago. I noticed that there appears to be a blue painted "shield" marking under the white paint. I have attached a photo showing what I think it looks like. Also, the interior has a unique gray/silver'ish painted rim over the original green paint. Probably a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone might recognize the possible shield marking and/or have come across a similar painted helmet before? A member of the US Militaria Forum mentioned that it might be from the 3rd Canadian Division immediately after the Armistice, but I haven't been able to confirm any of that.
    Thanks!

WWI MK1 Helmet British / Canadian / or ???WWI MK1 Helmet British / Canadian / or ???WWI MK1 Helmet British / Canadian / or ???WWI MK1 Helmet British / Canadian / or ???WWI MK1 Helmet British / Canadian / or ???

MAP
    ?

Rozzi,

Hopefully someone will be around to comment. We have some great British Helmet guys here. If no response. Give it a bump in a day or so.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Just a bump for a new member
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

it is a british made mki, with the 1917 type liner, but why or for what it has been repainted I could not say, nor comment on any US insignia, not something I know anything about.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

repaint is more than likely for use as a Civil Defense helmet during WW2