Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

WWI period postcards

Article about: Picked these up today. One French of the Somme I think, one of a member of the Army Service Corps with cloth title and ammo bandoleer, one asking for donations for tobacco for the troops wit

mass group of RE at Amiens, most have signallers armbands, which during WWI was a RE task and not royal corps of signallers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

this is my only ww1 post card.
    Edward McGlachlin Jr. - Wikipedia
    WWI period postcards
    WWI period postcards

and no i do not have the album this was taken out of wish i did.

jwp
    ?

a couple I picked up pre-lockdown, the insignia is 55th west lancashire division, drivers look to be ASC and the passenger RA.
    John.

WWI period postcards

WWI period postcards

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    some recent additions
    a pair to a member of the pembroke yeomanry with the group shot of them watering their horses at Llandeilo, the other is a member of Buffs 1.
    and a member of the RA with a sword.
    I'm particularly interested in the beautiful photo of Llandeilo bridge and the Yeomanry. I am one of the researchers for the Llandyfeisant graveyard project where we are writing up the stories of the people who were baptised, married and buried there. Many of these people had connections to the Boer War, WW1, WW2 and the Yeomanry. I would appreciate any further details you might have on it. Many thanks, Carolyn. My email address is Carolyn.Chodecka@yahoo.com
    Friends of Llandyfeisant Church - Home - Llandyfeisant Church Llandeilo

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    some recent additions
    a pair to a member of the pembroke yeomanry with the group shot of them watering their horses at Llandeilo, the other is a member of Buffs 1.
    and a member of the RA with a sword.
    I'm particularly interested in the beautiful photo of Llandeilo bridge and the Yeomanry. I am one of the researchers for the Llandyfeisant graveyard project where we are writing up the stories of the people who were baptised, married and buried there. Many of these people had connections to the Boer War, WW1, WW2 and the Yeomanry. I would appreciate any further details you might have on it. Many thanks, Carolyn. My email address is Carolyn.Chodecka@yahoo.com
    https://friendsofllandyfeisantchurch.org/

Quote by Carolyn View Post
    https://friendsofllandyfeisantchurch.org/
    hi, he is named, but I never researched him, A number of his photo's seem to crop up quite often and I have seen others I missed or never saw.

4302 Private Evan Andrew Pembroke Yeomanry
    Regards,

Jerry

some more of 4302 Private Evan Andrew Pembroke Yeomanry that I bought since and some belonging to other collectors of him.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

Regards,

Jerry

three recent pickups, two for the 4th Territorial battalion, Welsh regiment, one of which is named to David John Morgan, B Squadron. They are at camp in Hereford and are messing.

second t4 welsh has bandsmen, with the two types of badges worn for a short overlapping period, with the larger cloth badge replaced by the smaller metal badge.

thirdly a portrait of a member of the Breckockshire bn taken at local photographers in Crickhowell, Breconshire.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

WWI period postcards  
    Regards,

Jerry

Found this postcard stamped 1918

WWI period postcards

I am a bit "impressed" about this one because it seems to be a drawing instead of a print...

WWI period postcards

The text in the back is also different. it is not greetings etc but more or less translated :

"long live the soldiers. Long live the military stand. Hubert, they have you in their sights. Watch out or you'll go to soldier land"

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast