Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

wwi Regiment shoulder title on a ww1 tunic need help on this

Article about: ok guys this is on a ww1 tunic buttons are Scottish but the thing is it has the Regiment shoulder title now should this be on or is it a latter add on ie ww2 , or is it wwi , to the tunic if

Default wwi Regiment shoulder title on a ww1 tunic need help on this

Attachment 1526389

ok guys this is on a ww1 tunic buttons are Scottish but the thing is it has the Regiment shoulder title now should this be on or is it a latter add on ie ww2 , or is it wwi , to the tunic if it is not ww1 and should not be on i will remove it as it i should not bee there ??? big help remove or not thanksAttachment 1526576Attachment 1526577Attachment 1526613
    Last edited by firefox; 08-21-2021 at 09:37 PM.

?

The Guards Regiments were the only ones (to my knowledge), to wear woven shoulder titles during the Great War.
    I am certainly no expert in this field, but the construction looks nice and early to me..
    The use of cloth and brass titles together seems a little odd, but I would triple-check before removing anything.
    It would be nice to see the whole thing..

thank you for the reply see photos , the tunic as moth damage but i,am taking time to patch it up , to save it , it is a part of history ,

?

It’s not the worst I’ve seen.. I’d be happy to have it in my collection.
    Nice find.

it looks like it has been shot with a 12 boar , but worth saving still has parts of the paper label in some real bad holes but it is what it is original , been there , item also has the wound metal stripe on the sleeve,,

Any chance of a few photographs of the inside of the tunic?

Cheers,
    Steve

posted a photo like i said shot with a 12 boar

A shame about the holes, but less noticeable when fastened up. As an aside, a late friend of mine used to work for a car battery manufacturer many years ago, and part of their protective gear against the acid was old WW1 tunics. My friend was an avid collector of WW1 militaria, and he had a wardrobe full of these tunics which he rescued from the factory. Virtually all of them still retained their cloth insignia. He still had them all back in the 1990's, and although this might sound far fetched it is perfectly true.

Cheers,
    Steve

thank you for the reply on this but should the scot guard badge be there do you think it is ww1 ,??? or post war ?? i just do not know ,never seen them on ww1 tunics a part from the brass ones thanks

Unusual to see both metal and cloth st's, but scots guards did have them in the great war, the title itself looks ok, they were blue and yellow by WWII I think
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast