Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

WWI US camo helmet

Article about: Hi guys picked this up this weekend . Thought you would like to see it.

?

Default WWI US camo helmet

Hi guys picked this up this weekend . Thought you would like to see it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI US camo helmet   WWI US camo helmet  

WWI US camo helmet   WWI US camo helmet  

WWI US camo helmet   WWI US camo helmet  

WWI US camo helmet  

?

Inside
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI US camo helmet  

A nice complete example. The camo paint on the outside looks a lot more recent than the interior paint that has a much older patina. Perhaps painted by a returned soldier years after the end of the war?

I love it! What’s that blue plastic thing? An early helmet carrier prototype?

?

Hey guys thanks for looking in hand the outside matches the inside pretty close. The blue thing is just a cheap hat or in this case helmet stand .

MAP
    ?

Agree with Andy, that outside paint looks pretty fresh, but as you have it in hand, you are in a much better position to make the call.

You don't expect these helmets to have much wear to the camo as many (most?) were painted post war by the returning soldiers
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I understand it was a popular trend, among returning US veterans, to paint souvenir helmets (their own and other nationalities), to ‘mimic’ the German style… though I cannot say why.

?

I can not say for sure when it was painted but it was a long time ago