Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....

Article about: Hi long time no post ! In a photograph album I have of Infantry Regiment 6 there are some pictures dating back to 1934 of the troop with new issue caps. This picture is a classic "trans

Default 1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....

Hi long time no post !

In a photograph album I have of Infantry Regiment 6 there are some pictures dating back to 1934 of the troop with new issue caps. This picture is a classic "transitional uniform" shot because it shows the bridge from Reichswehr uniforms towards the Wehrmacht and adoption of the Swaztika as the national emblem. The picture shows the eagle on the tunics but the caps have yet to adopt one. Instead they have a national cockade and a soutache, high up on the cap.

The series of pictures show how in the course of two years the uniforms have transformed into what we now see as the WW2 German Uniform.

1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....

These pictures have always intrigued me and one day an example might come my way........

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....
    P
    Many

.............and here it is.

1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....

Opinions welcome please as with all these "transitional" or short lived issue's controversy reigns. A dealer immediately ismissed it as a fake/fantasy item and was sure no such cap existed.

The only thing is the lack of grommets for which I have a picture from another album for IR6 that I own showing the cap side on....

As these caps show quite prominently in both albums for the years 1934/35 I was wondering if they were only issued to specific Regiments to start with before a more general roll out in 1935/36 once production got properly under way ?

Please help with any theories to specific regs if possible ?

cheers

Tony

Here are the pictures from 10 Komp IR 6 showing this style of cap in wear.....

1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....1934 Introduction of a new shaped feldmütze....

Hello,
    The Feldmütze 34 is not a fantasy headgear....this Feldmütze did exist....(IMO this dealer should think about a retraining to do something else)...
    The cockade is on the crown, with colored soutache placed underneath. There are two buttons sewn of fixed flaps (that can't be opened).
    In 1935, this headgear was modified to accomodate the newly adopted Hoheitsabzeichen (placed on the crown), while the cockade went down on the flap, along with the soutache and buttons disappeared....
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 12-04-2020 at 08:09 PM. Reason: typo

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thank for the clarification J Philip. Appreciated. I was reasonably confident it existed but that seed of doubt niggled......

Money spent on membership to this forum is never wasted money.

cheers

Tony

TOny, great post--I had seen photos of these in wear, but had never seen an actual surviving example until your post....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”