Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2021 Acquisition: Schirmmütze für Offizier/Artillerie

Article about: Gents, Here is my first purchase of the New Year. As many of you are aware of I'm more of an Imperial German collector and I'm hesitant with dipping my toes into the TR arena.. However, this

Default 2021 Acquisition: Schirmmütze für Offizier/Artillerie

Gents,

Here is my first purchase of the New Year. As many of you are aware of I'm more of an Imperial German collector and I'm hesitant with dipping my toes into the TR arena.. However, this cap was presented to me and couldn't let this one slip away. Through my research I have determined that this is an original and my assumption is it was a private purchase. I would love to hear more from the experts.

Other than a few moth nips and the cork has about completely disintegrated behind the sweatband, this piece has stood the test of time.

Thank you all for any additional information you can provide.

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2021 Acquisition: Schirmmütze für Offizier/Artillerie   2021 Acquisition: Schirmmütze für Offizier/Artillerie  

2021 Acquisition: Schirmmütze für Offizier/Artillerie   2021 Acquisition: Schirmmütze für Offizier/Artillerie  

2021 Acquisition: Schirmmütze für Offizier/Artillerie   2021 Acquisition: Schirmmütze für Offizier/Artillerie  

2021 Acquisition: Schirmmütze für Offizier/Artillerie  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2021 Acquisition: Schirmmütze für Offizier/Artillerie
    P
    Many

Joel, congrats on dipping your toes--(cmon in, the waters fine!)
    You are off to a great start.
    Hat is original, and private purchase.
    I cannot determine the maker, but imo, it is pre/early war quality.
    Congrats again....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

stonemint,

Thank you so much for your kind words and confirmation. I spent a few hours combing over all of the known original examples prior to purchase from our Forum just to be certain. I wanted to thank you once again for your countless contributions and expertise!

Regards,

Joel

?

rely nice.