Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Allgemeine ss nco cap

Article about: Hi All.. I’m after a bit of expert advice on this Cap... it’ currently for sale with a well known dealer in the U.K. .... Very Expensive, but this Dealer is known to be rather extravagan

As noted the overhang at the back is what made me second guess this visor, again a regimentals listing that is obscenely over priced hence why most of his inventory never sells and he has been listing some really poor fakes of late. one of the many reasons I don't buy or frequent his store

Morris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine ss nco cap
    P
    Many

?

good?

Many thanks all for the recent constructive comments .... these have swayed me in my decision with regards this Cap and REGIMENTALS ... That’s all I asked.

?

If you want quality SS items, check out SS-steel-inc.com

?

Allgemeine ss nco cap Stevade, here's a known original tag and the only obvious difference I see is the script of the 6 digit number is very dissimilar; and absence of the maker mark, of course. I'd also like to be educated on other differences. Anyway, for $6k you can find a beauty without the droopy tail--most wouldn't look any farther than that. I look forward to the next one you bring for evaluation!
    Last edited by vibmon; 11-01-2020 at 01:00 AM.

Many thanks Vibmon ..... that’s exactly the advice I was after... much appreciated.

That was an interesting discussion, whether it was suppose to be or not. Is WRF a forum in the sense of it's purpose is to educate? Maybe not. To me it's really up to the individual member whether they reference/ explain their opinion or comment. Do members have some sort of responsibility to spell out their reasoning for offering an opinion? Perhaps not. In this case, at least two experienced collectors cast doubts on at least one aspect of originality. That would be enough for me. If I wanted to know more on the finer points of black cap authentication I would probably buy a reference book or spend several hours studying old threads in the WRF archive.

I agree Anderson with your comments .... However these Forums are for showing and having open discussions about either your collections, or items that you are interested in but don’t feel confident enough to make the commitment to purchase .... Hence guidance required from the more experienced in this field. If the Experience is withheld why on earth bother having these discussions.. It’s no good to anyone comments like ..’Is it good’ .... ‘No it’s not’ ... ‘Why’... ‘Cos it is’

Well Stevade,
    As I obviously fail to fulfill your paramaters regarding how to properly use this forum perhaps it would be best in future if I didn't post any warnings when I see that a collector is in danger of wasting a significant amount of money.
    I firmly stick to my opinion regarding the posting of information regarding flaws in fakes and providing the creators of these pieces a how-to manual on correcting them, and quite honestly I find your lack of respect for my opinion not only disappointing but discourteous.
    If you had done a little digging of your own you would have found many collectors who will tell you I have never failed to help and provide information from my files regarding fakes or other aspects of SS regalia via email or private message.

That’s absolutely fine by me d’alquen.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast