Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Assistance with Reichsleitung Visor

Article about: Gentlemen, I found a replacement for my Reichsleitung visor that was found to be a Ordensburg Vogelsang Visor instead. I would appreciate your thoughts on this one, they are difficult to fin

Default Assistance with Reichsleitung Visor

Gentlemen, I found a replacement for my Reichsleitung visor that was found to be a Ordensburg Vogelsang Visor instead. I would appreciate your thoughts on this one, they are difficult to find and costly. As always, many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Reichsleitung Visor   Assistance with Reichsleitung Visor  

Assistance with Reichsleitung Visor   Assistance with Reichsleitung Visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Reichsleitung Visor
    P
    Many

A nice period J.C. Kornacker Visor. Piping doesn't look like Reichsleitung, but like Ordenburg too. It appears more lemon than yellow.

Sweatband is probably a replacement.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Dear Gentlemen, I appreciate your input, however, this visor does not have the side vents like the previous Ordenburg I started a thread about last year. Does the RZM tag give any further information on that? Thanks again men. Keith

Quote by Bencejones View Post
    Dear Gentlemen, I appreciate your input, however, this visor does not have the side vents like the previous Ordenburg I started a thread about last year. Does the RZM tag give any further information on that? Thanks again men. Keith
    No it doesn't. No vent holes are required to be an Ordensburg visor. Note the garbadine fabric, it's the thicker version for winter use. In winter you don't need vent holes! Piping is clearly visible as lemon colored. Actually, the fabric used for the Ordensburg visors was much darker, just like the uniforms. So far I haven't been able to find a source that provides an explanation as to why the mentioned Ordensburg visors with the vent holes are made in the light party brown, like the visor shown here.

?

I think sweatband and tag have been replaced. Interior looks more like a Pekuro to me than a Kornacker. Here is photos of my Kornacker and a photos of my Pekuro.

Color is also very vibrant on piping as Sammler points out.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Reichsleitung Visor   Assistance with Reichsleitung Visor  

Quote by Tim030 View Post
    I think sweatband and tag have been replaced. Interior looks more like a Pekuro to me than a Kornacker. Here is photos of my Kornacker and a photos of my Pekuro.

Color is also very vibrant on piping as Sammler points out.
    Hmm, the inside of your Ortsgruppe Kornacker visor looks more like the posted Ordensburg visor. Your Kornacker also has this party-brown interior made of linen fabric, whereas the Pekuro Visor has cream-colored artificial silk on the inside. Sweatband might have been replaced, I agree.

The OP is a Kornacker. (both Kornacker & Pekuro utilized accordian-like pleating, but Kornackers are much more distinct.)

I have owned numerous Form 4 NSDAP visors by Kornacker--all of them had ersatz sweatbands which are thin and tear easily (which is why the sb has been replaced).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I am still learning! Thanks for this thread!

What I think is an interesting detail is that NSDAP Kornacker visors often show this striking version of the cap eagle. This is certainly not always the case, but often it is. I don't know which manufacturer is behind it, but I've noticed it more often now. The eagle seems somehow more massive, fatter than those of the other manufacturers.
    Attached Images Attached Images Assistance with Reichsleitung Visor 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast