Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Coastal Artillery

Article about: My new addition to the collection coastal artillery from ebay it got pulled but managed to get hold of the seller this is what he wrote for me. My Father Walter Victor Emery dob 11/11/1925,

Default Coastal Artillery

My new addition to the collection coastal artillery from ebay it got pulled but managed to get hold of the seller this is what he wrote for me. My Father Walter Victor Emery dob 11/11/1925, became a Merchant Seaman on the 21/01/1944, and from 12/12/1944 to 11/06/1945 served on the Duke of Argyle 128316,which was used as a hospital ship and collected injured German prisoners of war out of Ostend back to London,and it was then that he was given this cap by a German soldier,telling me when I was young that he had shot a German and took his cap,but he never had a gun,but it made the story more exciting for me to think that my Father had shot a German and I was wearing his cap!
    We had this cap all this time until and recently found it at the bottom of a tea chest and was very nearly thrown away!
    Regards
    Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Coastal Artillery   Coastal Artillery  

Coastal Artillery   Coastal Artillery  

Coastal Artillery  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Coastal Artillery
    P
    Many

Very nice cap. I think the Coastal artillery stuff is under appreciated.

Is it genuine what would it be worth please?

An item seldom seen. Congratulations on a great addition to your collection. For me, value is not that important. The rarity and condition are most important.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks Bob its my first German cloth hat so quite happy with it codition unfortunately the moths have had a feast but considering it was nearly binned have done well to save it or another historic item could of found its way to landfill.

In order to ensure that you do not have any active moth larva in your cap, I would suggest placing it in a freezer for several days.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by airwarrior View Post
    Is it genuine what would it be worth please?
    Very nice cap and hard to find...value wise: I'll give you a £1 for it........................

cheers

Tony

Very nice CA and yes hard to find item that is a good one! I have plenty of standard KM but I have yet to get one CA. timothy