Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Erel Luftwaffe officer's visor

Article about: I finally got around to buying a decent digital camera so I'm testing it out with these photos. I received this cap last summer and have been meaning to share - it has a few interesting char

?

Default Erel Luftwaffe officer's visor

I finally got around to buying a decent digital camera so I'm testing it out with these photos. I received this cap last summer and have been meaning to share - it has a few interesting characteristics. The sweatband is size marked "59 1/2", but the liner is "60 -" and as you sometimes see with larger visors a small extra piece of sweatband was attached at the rear. Lastly, the piping around the top of the cap is the late-war subdued type while the rest is the brighter earlier type.

Any feedback is appreciated (on the photos or cap). Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erel Luftwaffe officer's visor   Erel Luftwaffe officer's visor  

Erel Luftwaffe officer's visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erel Luftwaffe officer's visor
    P
    Many

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erel Luftwaffe officer's visor   Erel Luftwaffe officer's visor  

Erel Luftwaffe officer's visor   Erel Luftwaffe officer's visor  

?

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the cap! I love the late war examples - a miracle how they could produce decent headgear despite all the shortages. As I don't know a thing about cameras I can't really comment on that but it sure makes nice pictures.

?

Thanks ErWeSa! Agreed it's impressive how well these caps were made so late into the war. To me it seems especially so with Luftwaffe visors as opposed to Heer, but that could be my imagination.

Beautiful cap ! I like the shape.
    Congrats ans thank you for sharing !

Fantastic score--congrats.....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Thank you both for the kind words!

One of these days (or years) I have to get around to doing a thread on Erel visors in chronological order--this one will definitely be in that thread!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”