Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Feldgendarmerie Officer visor cap - EREL

Article about: Hello everyone! This is my newest acquisition, a nicely worn double Erel Feldgendarmerie officer’s cap with vented cockade, which is the first Erel in my collection (and not the last I’m

?

Quote by Migobeego View Post
    Thank you for the interesting comments!

Sorry for my (maybe silly) question, but would it still be correct to assume that mine is FG? I see the piping on my cap to be quite bright orange, as opposed to reddish orange.
    The seller of your cap is a friend of a friend of mine and I had the chance to review a load of images of it some weeks back. No doubt in my mind I'd happily accept it as a Feldgendarmerie cap. Only reason I didn't go for it was that I prefer Wagner.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldgendarmerie Officer visor cap - EREL
    P
    Many

Quote by Redcap View Post
    Only reason I didn't go for it was that I prefer Wagner.
    Luckily for me!

I did compare the piping between my Gendarmerie Police Officer & my Feldgendarmerie--there is a difference in the shades, but there is no way I am going to get a good photo of it in the AZ sun--(have to wait for a cloudy day, and we haven't had one of those since February!)
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I did compare the piping between my Gendarmerie Police Officer & my Feldgendarmerie--there is a difference in the shades, but there is no way I am going to get a good photo of it in the AZ sun--(have to wait for a cloudy day, and we haven't had one of those since February!)
    Chris, have you posted either of them on the forum before?

Miguel, yes, they are probably in the pinned threads, but I would have used a flash when I took those photos, so it will not accurately depict the colors.

Just noticed that there is an EM/NCO contract cap on the 'bay right now (colors seem to be washed out):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldgendarmerie Officer visor cap - EREL   Feldgendarmerie Officer visor cap - EREL  

Feldgendarmerie Officer visor cap - EREL   Feldgendarmerie Officer visor cap - EREL  

Feldgendarmerie Officer visor cap - EREL   Feldgendarmerie Officer visor cap - EREL  

TWS
    ?

Quote by Redcap View Post
    I don't think you can definitely attribute an orange piped cap to a specific branch with any absolute certainty. BUt you can consider probability. An early Tellerform cap made pre-1939 can't be Feldgendarmerie because they didn't exist then. Likewise a post 42 made cap can't be recruiting as by then they had change to white Waffenfarbe.
    Spot on. There is the rare and very useful exception when a collector comes into possession of a cap and the wearer's history is known. When such provenance exists whereby we know the branch that the man belonged to it is a great data point.

The "Recruiting" cap I posted purportedly came from a man known to have served in the Heer Ersatzwesen, but the cap was obtained from the family before it came into my possession, so I don't ascribe 100% certainty to the background.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Quote by BobS View Post
    This cap was reviewed on the "other" forum a few years back, and, please correct me if I'm wrong, the consensus was that it is a FG cap.
    Placed against an artlillery cap 's piping, the difference in color was quite apparent.
    I took these photos today, both inside and outside; opinions welcome.

BobS
    Bob, have you tried to research that officer? Ie. check the Rangliste, etc. With an uncommon name like Hektor, you might get lucky. If you find an officer with that name who belongs to a branch that wore orange piping, you probably found your guy and you will then know which "orange-waffenfarb'd branch" he belonged to.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

rely nice!

?

Todd,
    No I haven't tried to research. The only officer lists I have are a number of British, a 1912 Prussian Rangliste, and a 1910 KuK. list.
    I need to determine how to go about this & have neglected it too long.
    Thanks for reminding me.

BobS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast