Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

First Heer Schirmütze

Article about: by HistoryIsMe I dont have a visor cap, as much as I love them they are just so expensive for a nice one. Though I thoroughly enjoy looking at everyone's Caps and mabey one day soon I will f

?

Default re: First Heer Schirmütze

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

Good luck and surely you will reproach us later for what we have done here.
    If I do get one then you and this forum will be first to know.

cheers,
    Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Heer Schirmütze
    P
    Many

First Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeGood luck and may your wishes become reality.

And also I hope your parents won't have this website shut down for our pictures.

I would note that I could only build a collection inside the principles of the planning, programming and budgeting cycle once I had already had a full time job for decades.

While I was still a student, I built a fine collection, too, but this kind of thing takes huge resources and energy.

Thus, while the digital world glitters and seems so seductive and powerful, the reality is pretty sobering and is no place for anyone of any age without the means and maturity to make one's way.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    And also I hope your parents won't have this website shut down for our pictures.

I would note that I could only build a collection inside the principles of the planning, programming and budgeting cycle once I had already had a full time job for decades.

While I was still a student, I built a fine collection, too, but this kind of thing takes huge resources and energy.

Thus, while the digital world glitters and seems so seductive and powerful, the reality is pretty sobering and is no place for anyone of any age without the means and maturity to make one's way.
    My parents know what I am looking at and as long as my screen savor isint a swastica and I dont trek outside this website they are quite content with me on here.

I am, I presume safe here and if there was anything other than reading and typing I would have my dad give me a hand.
    The internet is the only place where I can find most of my items.
    I hope my presence here doesent make the more older and mature members feel uncomfertable...

Cheers,
    Pat

KSH
    ?

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    My parents know what I am looking at and as long as my screen savor isint a swastica and I dont trek outside this website they are quite content with me on here.

I am, I presume safe here and if there was anything other than reading and typing I would have my dad give me a hand.
    I hope my presence here doesent make the more older and mature members feel uncomfertable...

Cheers,
    Pat
    It certainly doesn't make me uncomfortable, Pat Nor do I think it makes others so either. I quite enjoy your presence on WRF - very interesting to have someone so young as yourself among us!

- Kenneth

You are totally welcome, you can learn alot from the guys here, it's a never ending process.

First Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer Schirmütze
    Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post

Cheers,
    Pat
    It is an open question whether anyone here is mature in any substantial way, other than years elapsed. Most of us in our dotage have given free rein to our hopes and desires of just your age, which take on an even more powerful aspect once the years of physical decline set in.

In any case, my only concern is your parents would suggest that old persons are entrapping you in something repugnant, though, it must be said, we treat the past here in a far better and more educational way than the rest of the digital cosmos.

And, your perspective is useful to us, since you can express yourself well and ask sensible questions, since it is all too easy to assume that all of this stuff is self evident. It is not.

I am always interested in how people learn, since they today no longer learn the way I did at your age. However, knowledge was packaged very differently in the late 1950s and early 1960s versus how it is today, and I cannot imagine the opportunities that you have versus what we had in our time. There was essentially no information and little knowledge about German regalia at the time, and surely no way to examine these items at close range through the magic camera of the internet. None.

Happy collecting, and you can also buy our collections when we all croak, which some of us are quickly doing.....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-09-2011 at 08:21 PM.

First Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer Schirmützethe never ending process of foetid woolens and "crimped" prongs.First Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer SchirmützeFirst Heer Schirmütze

?

Young Pat has all the right qualities to become a very successful collector, bright, inquisitive and polite.
    My advice would be to not rush to purchase anything yet. He has all the time in world to read and learn first which is the key thing.

A postal visor cap would be a good start although you have to very careful with these as the post war versions are so similar to the TR ones.

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Young Pat has all the right qualities to become a very successful collector, bright, inquisitive and polite.
    My advice would be to not rush to purchase anything yet. He has all the time in world to read and learn first which is the key thing.

A postal visor cap would be a good start although you have to very careful with these as the post war versions are so similar to the TR ones.
    Thank you Friedrich and Ben.
    In school alot of the history we learn is about the Normans and irish cheiftans, nothing about ww2 but we learn alot of the 1916 irish uprising.

Friedrich, The "oldies" as you dicribe yourself has taught me much better english and my grades has much improved and my parents noticed that. So if not for this forum not only I wouldent have a collection of original items but also I wouldent have the standerds of knowledge that I do now.

Christmas is cooming soon so I dont have money for a cap, But its something I defiantly will invest in and after my confirmation I will use some of the money I get to buy a nice cap.

Oh and friedrich, when you croak I will be at your estate sale (but god bless that wont be in years and years to come)

cheers,
    Patrick

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast