Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a genuine Feldgendarmerie cap?

Article about: Hi everyone, this cap looks pretty nice but the sweatband looks newish to me. And makers mark isn’t really visible. Be interesting to see what people think, thanks. Apparently this is a Vi

Default Is this a genuine Feldgendarmerie cap?

Hi everyone, this cap looks pretty nice but the sweatband looks newish to me. And makers mark isn’t really visible. Be interesting to see what people think, thanks.

Apparently this is a Visor cap for officers Feldgendarmerie Wehrmacht 100% original.

Well-preserved peaked cap for officers of the field gendarmerie. Gun color is orange.

Medium war production, high quality officer's cloth, inner lining silk. Manufacturer difficult to read. Sweat leather forehead pressure-free, German imperial patent.

Condition 1. minimal signs of wear. Denazified.

Is this a genuine Feldgendarmerie cap?Is this a genuine Feldgendarmerie cap?Is this a genuine Feldgendarmerie cap?Is this a genuine Feldgendarmerie cap?Is this a genuine Feldgendarmerie cap?Is this a genuine Feldgendarmerie cap?Is this a genuine Feldgendarmerie cap?Is this a genuine Feldgendarmerie cap?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a genuine Feldgendarmerie cap?
    P
    Many

?

From these pictures it looks like a Peküro cap - I don't remember a specimen with the Stirndruckfrei stamp on the sweatband. Reichspatent does not necessarily mean imperial patent, more likely the German Empire is meant in this case (1933 -45). What concerns the colour you'd have to have the cap at hand to really see which colour it is.

Hard to tell what 'farbe it exactly is.
    I can tell you this much, it is an original Meisterklasse, but the Pekuro sweatband was added within the last year (and the seller does not disclose that fact).
    That significantly decreases the value.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here is what it looked like when it was originally sold on Ebay back in April of 2018:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a genuine Feldgendarmerie cap?   Is this a genuine Feldgendarmerie cap?  

This one just sold for €1,060 on eBay Germany for those who may be interested.