Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Infantry Officer's Visor Cap.

Article about: Here is one more from my cap collection, a Heer Infantry Officer cap that I'm guessing (and open to correction) is from Pekuro? That's only my thought based upon the black velvet strip aroun

?

Default Heer Infantry Officer's Visor Cap.

Here is one more from my cap collection, a Heer Infantry Officer cap that I'm guessing (and open to correction) is from Pekuro? That's only my thought based upon the black velvet strip around the edge of the cap next to the sweat band.

This is the cap I started the visor sewing tutorial thread about so I have resewn the visor and sweatband back to the main cap body as it was only attached on one side when I got it and didn't survive an Easy Jet flight from Munich to London. I removed the visor completely and re-attached it following Wolfgang's superb instructions.

Tucked into the sweatband is a strip of stiff card in two sections. It's absorbed quite a lot of grease so not a recent addition and I will leave it in there.

The sweatband has has a repair which to my eyes looks period judging from the stitching and the grime that is engrained into it.

Inside there are some stamps which could be 'Gepruft' and a unit marking which could be 'IR 4?' and the name Alfons Pahsler.

Externally the cap is in nice condition, a couple of minor nips under the folds on one side. The bullion eagle and cockade are suffering from the white dust corrosion so any tips on how to control, contain or remove will be welcome.

As alluded to elsewhere, the eagle is not standard and has been identified by Stonemint as a private purchase example.

As always, thoughts, comments and opinions are welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Infantry Officer's Visor Cap.   Heer Infantry Officer's Visor Cap.  

Heer Infantry Officer's Visor Cap.   Heer Infantry Officer's Visor Cap.  

Heer Infantry Officer's Visor Cap.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Infantry Officer's Visor Cap.
    P
    Many

If 'Stonemint' has given it a thumbs up, you have nothing to worry about... that eagle is certainly different...

Bob

Nice visor Adrian, it has a really nice shape to it, and I also vote Pekuro.
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

?

Very nice cap - the cardboard was used to make it fit better. It certainly is a Peküro - the "Stirndruckfrei Deutsches Reichspatent" is a clear indication for that.
    I believe to remember that stonemint identified the eagle as a forestry eagle which certainly is correct as it looks to its right wing (Heer eagles look to their left wing).
    Normally there is no gap in the sweatband that has to be filled - only if the size of the cap is 60 +. Perhaps here the sweatband simply was too short.
    What concerns the corrosion - as far as I know there is no means that would help against Zinkfraß. If anybody knows a remedy to stop it I would be glad to learn about it.
    The name could be Pahsler or Pohsler - quite an unusual way to write - capitals and small letters mixed, almost as if the writer was illiterate.
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 04-05-2024 at 08:14 PM.