Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Signals EM/NCO Visor Cap.

Article about: One more for this evening, a Heer Signals EM/NCO visor cap. This one again was repaired and in the Visor Sewing Tutorials thread. The sweatband is unusual and may have come from another cap

?

Default Heer Signals EM/NCO Visor Cap.

One more for this evening, a Heer Signals EM/NCO visor cap.

This one again was repaired and in the Visor Sewing Tutorials thread. The sweatband is unusual and may have come from another cap or item of headwear but it's been there a while and incredibly fragile. I still have some work to do to re-attach it on the back of the cap.

This was my first visor cap, it came from the Collector's Guild over twenty years ago. The visor and sweatband were loose and have been re-sewn around the front to secure them fast.

I have no idea of the maker as the sweat diamond has gone and the stamp has been obscured by wear although I'm sure one of the more seasoned cap collectors may be able to have an educated guess.

Piped in lemon yellow the cap is otherwise in good shape, a couple of minor moth nips on the piping and the ersatz pressed chinstrap is cracked.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Signals EM/NCO Visor Cap.   Heer Signals EM/NCO Visor Cap.  

Heer Signals EM/NCO Visor Cap.   Heer Signals EM/NCO Visor Cap.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Signals EM/NCO Visor Cap.
    P
    Many

A, fantastic resto job, & you are lucky to still own your 1st visor (sold mine off back in the 1980s--wish I still had it).

We still do not know the actual maker, but it is an oval with "Deutsche Wertarbeit" in it.
    It seems they only used Ersatz sweatbands on their visors:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Signals EM/NCO Visor Cap.  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

"Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

TWS
    ?

Nice work Adrian.

I also still have my first Heer visor cap. A somewhat mothed eReL artillery officer's with his last name in the slot in the sweatshield. Acquired from George Marinos in the 1980's.
    These days I wouldn't contemplate a visor with that much mothing but I was a kid and it was what I could afford at the time.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Another very nice cap with a very pleasant shape and an interesting "meliert" (mottled) fabric.