Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HELP - Heer Officer Cap

Article about: Hello everyone. I have had this Heer officer's cap in my collection for a long time (30 years) and it spent most of hat time in storage. It is in fair shape at best (some moth tracks), and t

?

Default HELP - Heer Officer Cap

Hello everyone.
    I have had this Heer officer's cap in my collection for a long time (30 years) and it spent most of hat time in storage. It is in fair shape at best (some moth tracks), and the sweat band is in weak condition with some separation. My questions:

- Good hat?
    - Anyone familiar with this maker? I looked through the cap ID pictures and I can't find a match (perhaps I overlooked it?). It appears it could be an "H. ... meyer"

I appreciate any help/guidance about this cap. thanks, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP - Heer Officer Cap   HELP - Heer Officer Cap  

HELP - Heer Officer Cap   HELP - Heer Officer Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELP - Heer Officer Cap
    P
    Many

I'm no expert on these as I only own one, but I like what I'm seeing, especially in your last photo showing the rim with the different shade of field grey.

MAP
    ?

I think it reads H. Wienmeyer.

Maybe they were a distributor/retailer?

Nice looking visor.

What is the sweat shield made out of? Is it plastic or celluloid. Looks like celluloid.

Edit: I see Stony gave it the thumbs up.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

good hat. It was made by Peter Kupper, aka Pekuro.
    Name appears to be Wiemeyer, who would be the retailer of the hat.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

MAP
    ?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    good hat. It was made by Peter Kupper, aka Pekuro.
    Name appears to be Wiemeyer, who would be the retailer of the hat.
    Is it the felt band around the sweatband that confirms this to be a Pekuro?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks guys … I don't know the materials. The sweat band isn't felt. I can't pull that out at all because it is separating on one side so I fear I will damage it if I mess with it. It displays nicely, but it is fragile. When I studied the references on this site I did in fact notice that it is designed exactly like the Pekuro, but the name difference threw me off … but labeling it with the distributor makes sense to me now. Dan

MAP
    ?

Quote by zook View Post
    Thanks guys … I don't know the materials. The sweat band isn't felt. I can't pull that out at all because it is separating on one side so I fear I will damage it if I mess with it. It displays nicely, but it is fragile. When I studied the references on this site I did in fact notice that it is designed exactly like the Pekuro, but the name difference threw me off … but labeling it with the distributor makes sense to me now. Dan
    The sweat band is leather but the thin strip of black fabric sewn between the leather and bottom of the cap is a felt like material.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    The sweat band is leather but the thin strip of black fabric sewn between the leather and bottom of the cap is a felt like material.
    Hello MAP - I think the fabric is velvet, but very often so soiled by hair oil etc. that it feels like felt. But I own only one Peküro, (and there it is velvet) perhaps he also used felt when velvet became scarce.

MAP
    ?

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Hello MAP - I think the fabric is velvet, but very often so soiled by hair oil etc. that it feels like felt. But I own only one Peküro, (and there it is velvet) perhaps he also used felt when velvet became scarce.
    You are probably correct. I know Wilkins book is not 100% accurate but he used the term "felt" so I just 'went with it'

But it is still, regardless of Velvet or felt, a distinguishing feature.