Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hermann Göring Division EM/NCO Visor

Article about: A friend of mine just recently scored this, and I hat the pleasure to inspect it. It is an early-war private-purchase visor by Heinrich Balke. The hat is standard Balke construction, with th

An HG-div reunion of sorts:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Göring Division EM/NCO Visor  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Göring Division EM/NCO Visor
    P
    Many

Amazing that it is 70 years old, the exterior is nearly perfect. How often do you see fluted visors on Third Reich headgear?

?

Stunning pair.

Magnificent display, there is a certain elan about the Division that is for sure !

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Göring Division EM/NCO Visor   Hermann Göring Division EM/NCO Visor  

Hermann Göring Division EM/NCO Visor   Hermann Göring Division EM/NCO Visor  

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    Amazing that it is 70 years old, the exterior is nearly perfect. How often do you see fluted visors on Third Reich headgear?
    Sir, excellent question. Fluted visors are more often seen on Imperial & Weimar visors, and (for reasons unknown to me) are uncommonly found on TR headgear.

You see them on BRD Bundesmarine visors as well, but they are 3-piece on those.

One would think they would be more common, given that the fluting provided structural integrity that non-fluted visors lack.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Stonemint I found this thread because Im on the way to learn a few about these fluted/corrugated visors underside and I would like if in your experience have you any differences among Imperial/Weimar fluted and these so scarces fluted from TR period and what do you mean when you stated fluted BUNDESMARINE are in 3 pieces please???
    I saw too than there are FAKES with these corrugated under the peak and once more how could we see the differences for example between an original TR visor with corrugated visor and one FAKE corrugated one ... Studying the visor itself???
    Any pics from examples to compare???
    Thanks in advance
    Fernando

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2