Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Just getting started.

Article about: Looking at most on this site, I may be a little out of my depth here. I have taking all your advice and bit the bullet an bought I hope some nice caps. Purchased 3 books to help with identif

Default Just getting started.

Looking at most on this site, I may be a little out of my depth here. I have taking all your advice and bit the bullet an bought I hope some nice caps. Purchased 3 books to help with identifying and construction of caps. Unbelievable the amount of knowledge you lot have acquired over the years, this has to be one of the best forums for information out there. So here are my first, of many I hope, visor caps. Next on my list is a Panzer officers. My favourites at the moment are these as they are in very good condition inside and out, plus not a bad makers.
    Last year, seems like an eternity ago, I bought a dud as you all well know. Hope I learnt my lesson.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just getting started.   Just getting started.  

Just getting started.   Just getting started.  

Just getting started.   Just getting started.  

Just getting started.  
    Last edited by Steven Macquillin; 01-13-2015 at 06:11 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just getting started.
    P
    Many

Steve, that is not just a start, it is a kick-start! Some very fine caps there by some uncommon makers....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

That's quite a start !! Nice looking caps.

Steve

very nice caps.

Hi Steven, you have bought well and wisely my friend. I wish a few more of our fellow collectors would take the time to learn a little about what they want to buy before buying. It would save them money and heartache, well done once again, you've "nailed it" with these caps!! Leon.

?

Impressive start to a fine collection friend.

Agree looks like a nice bunch. timothy

Thank you all for your kind comments, really looking forward to this year collecting German militaria. The icing on the cake will be my first SS cap. Long way off that will be, will be saving hard, want to buy a quality cap not just any old cap for the sake of it. The main problem I have is that there are no decent fairs around our neck of the woods here in Newmarket Suffolk so do not get the opportunity to handle items in person. After taking on board all the advice I have been given on this wonderful site, I now know how important it is to actually hold one of these caps in your hands and look and smell at all those years of wear and maybe action many of the caps have been through. The mind boggles.
    Thank you all
    Steve.

Steve, the fairs are good for a lesson on what is real and what isn't, but most often the visors are gun-show grade (and overpriced)--even the big shows.
    One of the best places to buy unquestionable hats in excellent+ condition is the stand here and on the other site, as we all regularly peruse it and call out the bad.

The other source is connections in the hobby--just getting to know people, and telling them what you are looking for, and they will be on the look-out for you.

My greatest advice is to get opinions before you buy, and feel free to post over here for opinions.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

A great start!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast