Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Kurt Triebel NCO Artillery cap, looks like a good one this time!

Article about: Sorry for my past transgressions on this page, it's hard not knowing anything, and trying to wade through the info out there. There are a lot of things out there made to deceive, maybe not e

Default Kurt Triebel NCO Artillery cap, looks like a good one this time!

Sorry for my past transgressions on this page, it's hard not knowing anything, and trying to wade through the info out there. There are a lot of things out there made to deceive, maybe not even originally (so much reenacting now), but then passed as the real deal...

This one holds promise (more so than the last stinker I posted), other than being extremely clean - I won't hold that against it quite yet - I've got a good feeling about it. Waiting to hear form the cap experts here, thx in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kurt Triebel NCO Artillery cap, looks like a good one this time!
    P
    Many

Nice, minty contract cap.....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thx ever so much stone, that's all I needed to hear. I've got goosebumps! ;-)

Does a contract cap mean that it was made by Kutrika for another hatmaker to fill a contract, or simply that it was a military contract as opposed to privat purchase?

Kurt Triebel NCO Artillery cap, looks like a good one this time!Kurt Triebel NCO Artillery cap, looks like a good one this time!Kurt Triebel NCO Artillery cap, looks like a good one this time!Kurt Triebel NCO Artillery cap, looks like a good one this time!Kurt Triebel NCO Artillery cap, looks like a good one this time!Kurt Triebel NCO Artillery cap, looks like a good one this time!Kurt Triebel NCO Artillery cap, looks like a good one this time!Kurt Triebel NCO Artillery cap, looks like a good one this time!Kurt Triebel NCO Artillery cap, looks like a good one this time!
    Quote by Larboard View Post
    Does a contract cap mean that it was made by Kutrika for another hatmaker to fill a contract, or simply that it was a military contract as opposed to privat purchase?
    This is the cap issued by the quartermaster system to the soldier at the expense of the German Reich. Often the soldier and or corporal as well as officer bought his own cap for extra wear, the so called Extra Cap The issued cap was not considered especially chic nor was it often in good shape, having been worn by others. It was not always clean, either, despite the Garnitur system.
    This cap in German is often called a Lieferungsmuetze, a cap made on a government contract.

Above a certain pay grade, senior NCOs, Beamter etc. and or officers got a clothing allowance and had to purchase their own uniforms, which, in wartime, also came from the quartermaster system of the German army, especially as the supply situation collapsed.

This kind of issued cap is quite common, and unused examples were legion in my early years of collecting in the late 1960s. Unused examples
    in all colors of the arm were had for USD 25 at local gun shows in the year 1969 or 1970.

There were cooperative firms of artisans who made caps on contract to larger cap makers, or firms that sold military regalia.

The Wilkins book describes this process in readily had form, but not always very well or with the clarity that it deserves.

We have posted lots of clothing economy data here and in hundreds of posts, maybe thousands of posts.

I learned a lot from the CD of Uniformenmarkt, which includes many articles on the headwear trade in the epoch.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-24-2015 at 08:01 PM.

I probably paid too much, first cap... but as the old saying goes "only cry once". And of course as soon as I bought it, I found the infantry cap I really wanted. Just need to liquidate a few things and buy that one too. It's a contract cap as well, a little bit more character than this one.

Good cap, nice first one to get congratulations.
    Don't worry too much about the price because if you are happy with it that's all that matters. Better to over pay for a good one than burn your money on a stinker !
    cheers
    Tony