Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Lesson for me

Article about: Evening all, I've just been looking through a dealer's website and decided to seize the opportunity for a lesson in cloth headgear for me. Would I be correct in surmising that the traditions

RTH
    ?

Default Lesson for me

Evening all,

I've just been looking through a dealer's website and decided to seize the opportunity for a lesson in cloth headgear for me. Would I be correct in surmising that the traditions badge for Infanterie Regiment 17 has been post war added? I believe it is oft repeated in threads regarding Chaplain's crosses and other 'extra' badges that the Reichsadler never squashed the other badges which were not an afterthought.

Many thanks

Lesson for me
    Lesson for me

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lesson for me
    P
    Many

?

As this is an EM/NCO cap there could be a unit-stamp on the back of the sweatband which would make it clear. Another possibility to check is if there are extra holes for the eagle in the cap (i. e. was it moved upwards later to grive room to the traditions badge?).

THE proof of course would be a fake badge - which I can't discern as I don't know a thing about these.

EDIT:

HA HA! Just found this. What I always say: there is almost nothing that has not yet been treated here, see here - the very same cap in post # 12 (have a look at the moth holes and the chip in the bill):

Erel IR 17 officer visor cap

RTH
    ?

Thank you ErWeSa, informative as ever. I've just looked over the website again and the traditions badge is described as possibly not being original to the cap as the regiment stamp on the interior is not for Infanterie Regiment 17. Thank you for the other tips, and what you say is so true - sometimes it must be scary for the fakers and the unscrupulous dealers when they realise items (especially caps) can be traced back into the 1970s!

Many thanks
    Rhodes

& for those who may not have seen it, we have a thread on what to look for on traditions-badged visors here:

Traditions-badged Visors 101: A Primer
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

RTH
    ?

Thank you Stonemint.