Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe visor cap

Article about: Hello everyone! This is my latest acquisition; a beautiful Luftwaffe visor cap. Eagle and oakleaf with cockade in great condition. Blue gray cloth with black strap and golden yellow piping.

I quote from the regulations, just like that and yes one offended these often.
    If it is common one cannot prove this at all, as often headgear was taken from
    old stocks and were adapted with the new form of insignia.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe visor cap
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    According to the November 27, 1935 regulation (L.DV.422) the underside of the visor
    had to be black (either from leather or fibre). The one from fibre should be covered with
    artificial leather (schwarz genarbtem Kunstleder).
    With the L.DV 422 from April 1, 1937 the underside had to be green with a checkered motiv
    (Grünlackiert gebrannt).
    Thanks for this Wim. Now I understand why my '36 dated Lubstein Hermann Goering NCO visor is black and the 37 (and on) versions are green. I always wondered why!

Your continuous help is highly appreciated!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Is it not correct the Luft chinstraps had oval shaped buckles while the army had the seen rectangular strap buckles as this one wears ?

Or was it a matter of owners choice ?

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Is it not correct the Luft chinstraps had oval shaped buckles while the army had the seen rectangular strap buckles as this one wears ?

Or was it a matter of owners choice ?
    Will wait for Stonemint or others to correct me. While I think that is generally the case, I have seen a minority of Luft visors with rectangular buckles and Heer with Oval buckles.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes, round buckles were for LW, and square for WH. However, they were commonly transposed--just another example of makers using what was available at the time.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    According to the November 27, 1935 regulation (L.DV.422) the underside of the visor
    had to be black (either from leather or fibre). The one from fibre should be covered with
    artificial leather (schwarz genarbtem Kunstleder).
    With the L.DV 422 from April 1, 1937 the underside had to be green with a checkered motiv
    (Grünlackiert gebrannt).
    correct, Thus far I have never encountered a 1937 (or onwards) dated hat with black visor. During the war, regulations were often ignored. Late war items with black visors pop up quite often and are not as rare as the pre war examples.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2