Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 115 of 117 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1167

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

?

Default Mützenfabrik Wolfgang Schmidt in der Greifswalder Strasse 220 in Berlin, Deutschland 1947

#
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

?

Erel, extremely interesting, as always - thank you! Schmidt seems to have come into business only in 1941 - there is no entry in the 1940 Berlin addressbook. After the war of the dozens of cap makers just three were left:

Muetzenfabrik

compare:

Muetzenfabrik

Muetzenfabrik

Great info/pix on Schmidt!

I have never been able to find a TR piece of headgear made by them.
    Everything I have seen has been postwar (here a Berlin police visor):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

Muetzenfabrik  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Schmidt seems to have changed his address quite often: Spandauer Straße in 1941, Greifswalder Straße in 1946, Alte Jakobstraße in ??

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Schmidt seems to have changed his address quite often: Spandauer Straße in 1941, Greifswalder Straße in 1946, Alte Jakobstraße in ??
    I checked the RZM book for Schmidt--no listing, but my copy only goes up to 1939.

?

Chris - I don't think they existed before 1940 - no entries in the adressbooks. Just checked the post war adressbooks - in 1946 he was in Greifswalder Str., (big ad!), funnily enough he doesn't appear in the 1947 edition (as most of the other don't, just 4 are mentioned), no book available for 1948, in 1949 big ad, still in Greifswalder Str., no book available for 1950, in 1951 two Schmidts are listed but no Wolfgang (and ErEl is back!), in 1952 Schmidt is back with a big ad, now in Alte Jakobstr. (but ErEl is gone!) - very interesting to see which firms have survived the war (Schellenberg e. g.) in Berlin.

Schmidt lasted until at least 1967--here is a BGS cap stamped for that year:

Muetzenfabrik  

?

Just struck me - they changed from East to West Berlin, Greifswalder and Spandauer Straße were East Berlin, Alte Jakobstr. West Berlin.

These little pocket sized sales promotional note pads with pencils and mirrors came into work today. Not all cap makers, but I thought I would add them here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello Stonemint
    A very interesting thread, an often overlooked area about the people that actually produced these items that now interest us!
    Do you have any information about some of the smaller manufactures such as Otto Aulbach? incidentally the company is still going in the Miltenberg area of Germany today.