Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 113 114 115 116 117 118 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1171

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

?

Default Wilhelm Potthoff

Wilhelm Potthoff (son of founder Hermann Potthoff) who led the HPC Firm between 1900 and 1952.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

?

Default Felix Weissbach Glauchau/SA

#

?

I bet the prices on the list can't compare with what one has to pay today for these caps.

Ewald Hirte was a postwar headgear manufacturer (the company does not appear to have lasted very long).

Here is a display of their wares:
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik  Muetzenfabrik 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Heinrichsdorff of Paderborn has been making caps since 1911.
    It is very rare to find examples of their TR production (I know of only 2).

Hute und Mutzen in Paderborn - Adolf Heinrichsdorff

?

I just checked their homepage and, sorry to say, there is a pop-up message saying that due to irreparable damages stemming from WW II the building has to be torn down and they give up business - there will be a sale in another building, also see here: Paderborn: Nach 113 Jahren ist Schluss fur Hutladen Heinrichsdorff. A pity, they had nice things: Hute & Mutzen - Sortiment - Heinrichsdorff in Paderborn.

Ratisbons has this upcoming at auction: "
    A comprehensive address "treasure trove" of thousands of index cards with addresses or RZM makers. All kept in boxes. In addition, quite a few interesting documents and newspapers sent out to various makers."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

Muetzenfabrik  

An article on 85 year old haberdasher Wolfgang Küsel of Fallingbostel.
    His company has made hats since 1919:

Wolfgang Kusel bekommt “Goldenen Meisterbrief” | Walsroder Zeitung
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

ad Fallingbostel - (sal) · Hunters, shooters, farmers, students, soldiers, actors and everyone who is reluctant to leave the house “topless” - there are probably only a few people in this country who have not yet had a hat from Uwe Küsel's workshop in Bad Fallingbostel – be it in films like “Downfall” or “The Miracle of Bern”.

Eight employees and the boss are currently working on orange blindfolds at the company in the Bad Fallingbostel industrial area. 120 headgear of the Imperial Navy - up to the admiral - are almost finished. “For a film,” says Uwe Küsel. He doesn't know any more details.

16 sewing machines, including special machines that are no longer manufactured today, are available. However, the most commonly used ones are the normal ones, which rattle almost non-stop.

The family business was founded in Hanover in 1919 by Uwe Küsel's grandfather Wilhelm and evacuated to Fallingbostel in 1943. Son Wolfgang took over management in 1973. Several moves within the city followed. The company premises have been located in the commercial area since 1987. At that time, Wolfgang Küsel also took over the Hanover wholesaler Drosten, which he still runs today. Uwe Küsel has been responsible for hat production since 2000. “And the way we do it, there is no other company in Germany.” There are still five to six family businesses that make hats. The 48-year-old says he is the youngest. He often supplies the others with accessories such as umbrellas, cords or welding leather.

In a hall opposite the workshop there are large rolls of fabric, a punch, a skinning table, other machines and materials. Pre-production takes place there, explains Küsel. Velvet and silk, leather and other materials in a wide variety of colors, including at least 20 shades of green, are stored there.

He doesn't want to expand his business. The space wouldn't be suitable for anything more. And: “I want to keep it manageable.”

Uwe Küsel even recognizes “his” headgear in photos. “I see it in the workmanship, the cut, the umbrellas and the cords,” says the 48-year-old, who learned the craft of hat and cap making from scratch. He was acquitted in 1982 and passed his master's examination in 1986.

But the boss himself not only takes care of the production, but also some of the bookkeeping and purchasing and sales. He often purchases machines or materials from company tasks at auction. He has now taken over around twelve companies.

The cap maker has experienced a lot, for example a slam-dunk campaign in which Michael Shoemaker World Champion caps were supposed to be given a different seam color within half a day. The ten examples arrived in Monza by courier in time for the press appearance.

Küsel photos or drawings, and sometimes cuts, serve as templates. Patterns are not thrown away. “I still have originals from my grandfather.” Küsel makes hats for 1,600 student associations. Even Bundeswehr officers have headgear made by him. If you have a special request, you've come to the right place - regardless of whether it's a cylindrical high shako, beret, police cap, mountain infantry cap or baseball cap. Umbrellas and cords are sewn on directly in the workshop. Küsel only has particularly elaborate hand embroidery, such as oak or vine leaves on certain student caps, made abroad. “Diversity is our strength.” He tries to fulfill all customer requests, says Küsel. After all, the most important advertising for him is word of mouth.

?

"He often supplies the others with accessories such as umbrellas, cords or welding leather." --> (Mützen)Schirme & Schweißleder?

Glad to see that AI still has some difficulties! I would translate: "He often supplies the others with accessories such as visors/bills, cords or sweatbands.