Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

My New Panzergrenadier Schiffchen

Article about: Hi folks, got a new one to show off today! I've been looking for a Panzergrenadier schiffchen that I was certain had the correct "grass green" soutache so that I could complete a n

Default My New Panzergrenadier Schiffchen

Hi folks, got a new one to show off today! I've been looking for a Panzergrenadier schiffchen that I was certain had the correct "grass green" soutache so that I could complete a new mannequin. This one is fantastic. Other than a couple of very tiny snags on the soutache, its as close to mint as I could find, and looks to have been unissued or scarcely worn. Very neatly stamped "Lorenz & Co, Frankfurt" and marked as a size 56. It'll look swell with my '44 dated HBT field blouse with PzG shoulder straps. This was a hard one to find, and happy to have it.

-DF

Will go nicely with this:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My New Panzergrenadier Schiffchen
    P
    Many

That looks like a beauty
    Attached Images Attached Images My New Panzergrenadier Schiffchen 

MAP
    ?

This caps as not my area of expertise, but this is one of my favorite waffenfarbe colors. Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I like it as well. Soutache looks correct to me. Looks like a nice cap.

Tim

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    That looks like a beauty
    Thanks, Bob! You can still see creases on this one where it appears to have laid flat for a very long time. I'm going to wager that this one was never worn. Thanks again for having a look.

Quote by MAP View Post
    This caps as not my area of expertise, but this is one of my favorite waffenfarbe colors. Congrats!
    Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'm always cautious about green waffenfarbe of any shade, but I'm sure this one is a dead ringer for PzG!

Quote by Tim030 View Post
    I like it as well. Soutache looks correct to me. Looks like a nice cap.

Tim
    Thanks, Tim! Green waffenfarbe can be difficult to gauge with any certainty, as colors can fade and change over time. This one appears to have seen no real use, so I feel like the color is still strong and original - a nice PzG "grass green". Thanks again.

?

So nice ! congrats
    Regards, Al

Quote by Aldo View Post
    So nice ! congrats
    Thanks, Aldo! This is really the last color of waffenfarbe I was looking for in a sidecap, so it was nice complete a goal... not that collections are ever really "complete" of course...