Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new visor

Article about: Greetings Gents, I just got this one in yesterday and I would like some of your opinions good or bad.It's got the nice saddle shape that I like and it has a little mothing but I'm ok with th

Default My new visor

Greetings Gents, I just got this one in yesterday and I would like some of your opinions good or bad.It's got the nice saddle shape that I like and it has a little mothing but I'm ok with that.I didn't notice the caps body material until I recieved it.It doesn't appear to be trikot, could this be doeskin or eskimo?It also has an ink stamp on the inside of the sweatshield that looks like GebrUFT "? A?RB. There is also the remains of a paper tag and it's also stamped Stirndruckfrei on the band and none of the prongs penetrate the lining.Please excuse the photos and thank you for looking and the help, stay healthy everybody.

BillMy new visorMy new visorMy new visorMy new visorMy new visorMy new visorMy new visorMy new visorMy new visor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new visor
    P
    Many

?

Nice private purchase cap. I suppose it originally belonged to an EM/NCO due to the "Geprüft" stamp (officers' caps didn't have these) in the sweatBAND (the sweatshield is the zellophane/celluloid trapezoid sewn to the top panel). Perhaps the owner became an officer and upgraded the cap.
    The fabric is indeed the higher quality eskimo/doeskin version (I never can distinguish these materials, they are very close to each other).
    I sure have already seen this Sonderklasse logo, I just can't remember whether the maker is already known. I have a suspicion that it might be a Schellenberg.
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 08-09-2020 at 04:50 PM.

MAP
    ?

A great shape to this visor. And a nice fine material. Looks like doeskin. I too have a hard time telling the difference between doeskin and eskimo wool. But the Eskimo has a shorter nap according to Wilkins.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Shemp, congrats on a fine acquisition. Hat is a prewar Schellenberg, w/ a rare distributor mark.....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thank you Chris that makes me like this hat even more

Bill

That's a nice cap.