Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new visor!

Article about: Just felt like sharing this beauty, this is my latest addition to my cap collection. It's a Heer infantry officers cap with a really nice "saddle" form. Produced in 1936 by i'm gue

?

Default My new visor!

Just felt like sharing this beauty, this is my latest addition to my cap collection.

It's a Heer infantry officers cap with a really nice "saddle" form. Produced in 1936 by i'm guessing Clemens Wagner if i've done my research correctly?

The inside shows that it has been heavily used.

Hope you like it as much as i do!

My new visor!My new visor!My new visor!My new visor!My new visor!My new visor!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new visor!
    P
    Many

?

Clemens Wagner it is, but it was not made in 1936 (wouldn't have this elegant shape if so) - it says Geprüft 6/IR 36 meaning Infanterieregiment 36. The geprüft stamp should not be in an officer's cap - perhaps the man was promoted and put officers' cap cords on the cap. Anyway, a very elegant-shaped cap.

?

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Clemens Wagner it is, but it was not made in 1936 (wouldn't have this elegant shape if so) - it says Geprüft 6/IR 36 meaning Infanterieregiment 36. The geprüft stamp should not be in an officer's cap - perhaps the man was promoted and put officers' cap cords on the cap. Anyway, a very elegant-shaped cap.
    Thank you very much for that information!

Nice cap, congrats!

Regards,
    MG.

Sensei, choice acquisition--high peak & doeskin, nothing beats that!
    I would say a wartime promotion to officer, based simply on the fact that most NCOs purchased private-purchase high-quality hats, and were promoted as the war went on (& it was cheaper than buying a whole new hat!)
    Congrats...
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

A nice acquisition Tobias!
    I am a fan of the doeskin ones as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Very beautiful acquisition! ... thanks for sharing! Dan