Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Named Panzer Visor. Opinions ?

Article about: I bought this visor from someone who also sold me two helmets with fake decals so I have concerns about it. The eagle is not original to the cap, I added it for display purposes. The visor i

?

Default Named Panzer Visor. Opinions ?

I bought this visor from someone who also sold me two helmets with fake decals so I have concerns about it. The eagle is not original to the cap, I added it for display purposes. The visor is in really good condition with just few wear marks on the back and faded piping. It's difficult to read the maker markings under the plastic insert because of the glare. Pok ***? Pot***? Hirndruckfred ? Deutsches Reichspatent. It's written in fancy script, tough to read named to Oberstleutnant Losche.
    Thanks in advance for any information, Al.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Panzer Visor. Opinions ?   Named Panzer Visor. Opinions ?  

Named Panzer Visor. Opinions ?   Named Panzer Visor. Opinions ?  

Named Panzer Visor. Opinions ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named Panzer Visor. Opinions ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Named Panzer Visor. Opinions ?

it's a special Latvian fake....

?

I was afraid of that. It did come from Latvia or somewhere near there. i hope there is a special place in hell for the crooks that sell this stuff. Thanks for the info, Al.

sorry Al
    Hope you didn't pay too much for it

?

Between the cap & the two helmets he took me for About $1,000 USD, about 5-6 years ago. At least it will fill the void in my collection until I get a real one. Hopefully the creep is taking a dirt nap.
    Thanks

As a contrast.... there is also a nice real cap on the Grenadier website, proprietor Bruce Herman
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Panzer Visor. Opinions ?  

?

Can you specify the website ? I'm in the market for new sources. Thanks, Al.

To wit: Grenadier Militaria, Bruce Herman.

The cap in question on the site so named is identified to a member of the Legion Condor and was also in the Afrika Korps, to boot. Quite unlike the imaginary chap in this Latvian stinker above.

The cap was also sold by the noted author/publisher Roger Bender at some time in the 1990s.

Do notice the contrast between this authentic piece and the Latvian head wear thingy above.
    Note in particular the Paspelisierung on the two pieces, and therein lies the one of the keys to the recognition of fakes.

Happy head wear.

The cap illustrated here and above was sold there some time ago.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Panzer Visor. Opinions ?  

Wow--that must be one of the "earliest" Latvians I have seen. Band and piping are way off. Their easiest give-away are the "milky" (not clear) sweatdiamonds.

Funny--I haven't seen much of the Latvians of late--they must have finally thrown in the towel (or hat).