Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Nco allgemeine ss visor

Article about: Found this visor at auction for a very low price. That already makes me very suspicious. But in my opinion the cap itself doesn't look that bad, except that the model looks rather worn. I wo

Dos
    ?

You choose some fine insignia to put back onto this nco allgemeine SS visor. BenVK did a great job on restoring the cap, very nice. I was under the impression that this cap was only going to be repaired at the peak that was loose and broken, like you mentioned earlier in this thread. Personally, i would have left the visor with the worn paint as it was, but that's personal preference as i like things as they are. The restoration on the visor with the new paint does match the cap incredibly well.

Congrats, A very nice end result and please share some photos when you have it on display!

-Dos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nco allgemeine ss visor
    P
    Many

The Cap looks fantastic… you’ve done really well.
    How do I contact the Master Cap Restorer BenVK?
    Stevade

?

Beautiful cap! I commend you on your patience and perseverance. The end result is fantastic.
    Regards, Al

?

Very nice! Incredible what able hands can do. I admire BenVK for his skills. Glad that I "told you into" this cap. By the way - what about the liter ?

?

Great job. I like it a lot. Enjoy it and keep the moths out!

MAP
    ?

That is a fantastic job. I'd have that on my shelf
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

hvm
    ?

Thank you all for the compliments and all your guidance and information during my purchase and restoration process. And thank you ErWeSa for the 'Liter' tip indeed.

I am very happy with it myself. But of course the biggest credits go to the 'Master hatter' in this case, BenVK!

What I want to do now:
    1. find and purchase a glass display head
    2. looking for period correct photos of such a cap in use
    3. get more info about the cap and the maker
    4. organize a nice display place in my new house that will keep this cap in good condition for a long time.
    5. matching collar tabs and uniform insignia (unfortunately I don't have any money for a uniform right now)

?

ad 3.: info about the maker is easy to get, see e.g. here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...brik-image.jpg
    ErEl is mentioned in almost all the serious cap books, perhaps Wilkins has the most detailed info on it, I can also recommend UM (Uniformen Markt).

hvm
    ?

I have the Wilkins book. Am half way reading it.

I will be looking for the UM book, but I also really like these period advertisements and factory information. Thank you. I haven't come across many photos of the production itself. I have seen some photos come by in posts from FB, but not specific for the ASS. Maybe it's just not there. Many photos were taken from the SS members, but maybe the factories were not interesting enough to take photos from (back then).

Nco allgemeine ss visor

Would this uniform match the late period of my cap somewhat?

?

Any update on this? Did H. get a display or the added tabs/ uniform?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast