Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Nebeltruppen enlisted grade visor cap.

Article about: Got in a new arrival today and it crosses off a long-standing item on my wish list. I've never owned a contract (issue) Nebeltruppen visor and was finally able to fill that gap in my Heer vi

TWS
    ?

Default Nebeltruppen enlisted grade visor cap.

Got in a new arrival today and it crosses off a long-standing item on my wish list. I've never owned a contract (issue) Nebeltruppen visor and was finally able to fill that gap in my Heer visor cap collection. This branch of the Heer was very small in the pre-war years (the period in which this cap was produced), so surviving examples are difficult to find. Unfortunately I could detect no stamps whatsoever during a quick look at the underside of the sweat band. Might do a deeper dive with better lighting and a loupe later. The dust motes or "spots" in the second photo were smudges on my camera lens that I didn't detect until after the photo shoot.

Nebeltruppen enlisted grade visor cap.Nebeltruppen enlisted grade visor cap.Nebeltruppen enlisted grade visor cap.Nebeltruppen enlisted grade visor cap.Nebeltruppen enlisted grade visor cap.Nebeltruppen enlisted grade visor cap.Nebeltruppen enlisted grade visor cap.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nebeltruppen enlisted grade visor cap.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Fantastic looking visor Todd. I've always tried to stumble across one but have yet to find one in the wild......

Just the right amount of wear.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice! So the color is not quite artillery red and not exactly panzer pink, but something in between?

-Joel

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Fantastic looking visor Todd. I've always tried to stumble across one but have yet to find one in the wild......

Just the right amount of wear.
    Thank-you sir.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Quote by Blitzvogel View Post
    Nice! So the color is not quite artillery red and not exactly panzer pink, but something in between?

-Joel
    Hi Joel,
    The Waffenfarbe for the Nebeltruppen was called "Bordeauxrot" which translates to burgundy among English speakers. It's a purple-ish dark red.

Artillery was "Hochrot" or bright red and Panzer was "Rosa" or pink.

Adding to the palate of Waffenfarbe was also "Karmesinrot" or carmine which is also called "hot pink" by some collectors and was the color for General Staff and Veterinary. According to both some reference books and some collectors, there is ostensibly a difference in the General Staff and Veterinary colors, but in reality variations among manufacturers dye lots and the effects of aging have made the distinction between those two branches a difficult proposition unless the wearer's identity is known.

Here is an illustrative photo I took a long time ago. The Waffenrock on the right is veterinary as is the visor on the left. The Waffenrock on the left is piped in pink to show the difference. The visor on the right has always been a tough one. A friend considered it Brodeauxrot for Nebeltruppen but in hand it could be a darker Karmesinrot which some think points to General Staff.

Nebeltruppen enlisted grade visor cap.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

a nice score!

T, another terrific score. As Todd said, prewar Nebel EM/NCO visors are actually much more rare than their Officer counterparts, as the service was much smaller before 1939.
    Off the top of my head, I can think of maybe 2 others that I have seen

Congrats again....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Stunning visor Todd, I love it !!

Bill