Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New Flak Visor from Estate Sale

Article about: Hi Gents! My uncle picled this up early this morning and sent me pictures to show off. I know its not in good shape, in fact pretty bad, but its hard to complain for \\$20 usd. It looks to me

Default New Flak Visor from Estate Sale

Hi Gents!

My uncle picked this up early this morning and sent me pictures to show off. I know its not in good shape, in fact pretty bad, but its hard to complain for $20 usd. It looks to me that its a GA Hoffman cap.

Is there anybody here that can tell me the flak unit? I know that Lüttringhaus is the name, but I’m not very good with the abbreviated unit.

Thanks for looking

New Flak Visor from Estate SaleNew Flak Visor from Estate SaleNew Flak Visor from Estate SaleNew Flak Visor from Estate SaleNew Flak Visor from Estate Sale

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Flak Visor from Estate Sale
    P
    Many

?

The owner's ID patch is for a rank of kanonier, or private in the artillery. his unit is the stab, or staff ( HQ) battery but strangely does not show a regiment number.
    The cap appears to be a good one, an early G.A. Hoffman item. Just needs an early droop tail eagle, side buttons & chinstrap, all relatively easy to find and not expensive. And, of course tighten up that loose visor with some careful sewing.
    For $20, you stole it; congratulations.

BobS

Thank you Bob! I wonder if maybe the owner part of a higher hq unit? Perhaps higher than numbered units? I’m just taking shots here

By the way, when did the luftwaffe switch from the earlier droop tail eagles?

?

According to Wim Saris' vol. 1 Headgear book the second model was introduced in April 1937.

By the way: Wim's vol 7 (Private and District Railroads/Tramways, Railroad Police/Protection, Postal Organisation and Postal Protection Headgear) is available - just came out! Highly recommendable, as all his books.

Thanks for the info gents!