Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nice looking Wehrmacht visor cap

Article about: I am really interested in this one. Having looked at many Wehrmacht caps online & wanting to purchase my 1st one I feel like this could possibly be a great option, currently on auction.

Default Nice looking Wehrmacht visor cap

I am really interested in this one. Having looked at many Wehrmacht caps online & wanting to purchase my 1st one I feel like this could possibly be a great option, currently on auction. Looks in pretty nice condition for one of these. Just would hope it’s genuine, I don’t want to be caught out 1st time I go to buy one.

Wehrmacht Visor cap
    " FRFL SONDERKLASSE "

Said to be an Estate find, Original WW 2
    Without emblems
    minimal Moth holes

Nice looking Wehrmacht visor capNice looking Wehrmacht visor capNice looking Wehrmacht visor capNice looking Wehrmacht visor capNice looking Wehrmacht visor capNice looking Wehrmacht visor capNice looking Wehrmacht visor capNice looking Wehrmacht visor cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nice looking Wehrmacht visor cap
    P
    Many

?

Apparently an original ErEl EM Infanterie cap. Due to Gary Wilkins' book the very rare "140" model - advertised in an ad of the UM (UniformenMarkt) of 1938. Not in the best of states (the bend in the cardboard behind the centerband is what concerns me most, hopefully it is not broken). The metal badges could be easily replaced - you'd have to get the correct one (with two or 3 splints, fitting the holes on the cap). If the price is O.K. a good starting project.

Alexander, Ebay is a very dangerous place to buy headgear.
    If an item is original, it usually has been screwed with (or is in avg-poor condition).
    Also, there is a lot of shill bidding going on (I have seen things go for some really stupid prices b/c of shills).

I would recommend perusing the e-stand both here and on the WAF, as those are sold collector to collector, and most all items have been subject to forum scrutiny.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Sorry if this is off topic, but I've heard the term thrown around a few times and am curious to its meaning, what is shill bidding?

?

shill bidding
    in British English
    (on an online auction) the illegal practice of a seller or a seller’s acquaintances placing bids on his or her goods in order to drive up the price

TWS
    ?

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    shill bidding
    in British English
    (on an online auction) the illegal practice of a seller or a seller’s acquaintances placing bids on his or her goods in order to drive up the price
    If I may add:
    - with no intention of actually buying the item. They are conspiring with the seller (or are the seller under a different account) merely to drive up the price so some poor sucker bids more.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."