Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Origin Of Original Coastal Artillery Side Cap?

Article about: I have an interesting costal artillery side cap that I am trying to do research on but just can’t figure out! Background of the cap: The exterior is constructed of a feldgrau wool and on t

Default Origin Of Original Coastal Artillery Side Cap?

I have an interesting costal artillery side cap that I am trying to do research on but just can’t figure out!

Background of the cap:

The exterior is constructed of a feldgrau wool and on the inside, the cap is lined with a very soft cotton/silk like lining and has the original owners name tag with his name and what I assume to be his division/regiment (N 208/38 R)

Problem:
    I have attempted to research the division/regiment however I could not find any definitive information on the exact division however interestingly the closest result I could find was the 208th Italian Coastal Division. The division was assigned to XII Army Corps, which was responsible for the defense of the western half of the island of Sicily. The division was responsible for the coastal defense of the coast between, but excluding the cities of Palermo and Trapani… I highly doubt it but could it be possible that the Germans aided/donated soldiers to this division in Sicily?

The only other/closest result I could find which is probably the most likely is the 210th Coastal Defense Division which had a 37th Army Coastal Defense Artillery Regiment however mine is 38th. Is it possible that this division and regiment was unofficially absorbed in to the 210th?

I may be going about this wrong or have gotten something completely incorrect but I appreciate any help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Origin Of Original Coastal Artillery Side Cap?   Origin Of Original Coastal Artillery Side Cap?  

Origin Of Original Coastal Artillery Side Cap?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Origin Of Original Coastal Artillery Side Cap?
    P
    Many

If you are trying to find information about the unit, this would be a better place to post your thread.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/histo...ird-reich-ww2/
    If you are trying to find out if your cap is original, you have posted in the correct section.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you very much, I will post in there.
    Nick.