Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!

Article about: Headgear of the "Goldfasanen" have always been my favorites. Whether Form 1,2,3,4 or Schiffchens/Kepis/M-43's, if you got 'em, post 'em: I will start off with 2 Form 4 Orts. Note t

?

This is one of my favorites - an early party leader's kepi - silver button with one knot denotes Ortsgruppenleiter. This kepi appears in Jeff Clark's book at page 116.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!
    P
    Many

Quote by jlhubb View Post
    This is one of my favorites - an early party leader's kepi - silver button with one knot denotes Ortsgruppenleiter. This kepi appears in Jeff Clark's book at page 116.

Nice one No wonder it is your's favorite
    -TJ-

This is my second political Visor for Ortsgruppe. It is a late war production by the manufacturer Felix Weissbach (RZM #27), the sweatband made of Ersatz material is unfortunately badly damaged, but the visor is otherwise in a worn, good condition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!   Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!  

Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!   Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!  

Next one is a very nice minty Kreis Visor made by Alfred Valet (RZM #79), marked with "Adler Marke" (Eagle Brand).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!   Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!  

This is my second Kreis Visor. A late Form IV Pekuro (RZM #1073), made of Garbadine Fabric, with darker brown Sweatband of Ersatz Material. Nice and worn condition.

This is one of two Gau Visors I own. Have it in my Collection since 2007. It's IMO a typical Form III "Klappform", with pre 1939 bright red piping, but Post 1939 insignia. It has no RZM Tag and the leather Sweatband might be a postwar replacement. I'm not sure about that. Maybe some of you guys could tell me more.

Attached Images Attached Images Post Your NSDAP Political Hats! 

Default Additional Pics Gau Visor

Here are some additional Pics of this somehow questionable Gau Visor. Maybe somebody could help me with it. Thanks in Advance!

?

First of all thanks for the clarification with the term Klappmütze! Hempe's text states it clearly (and I have tried in vain to establish this fact) that there is a diffence between the Klappmütze (the seam of the sidepanels of which is, at the front, as he writes, considerably longer than the ones at the sides and at the back - by 20 - 30 %) and the Sattelmütze which stands up all around the centerband (with a longer seam at the front and the back and shorter ones at the sides).

To your cap: as it seems quite used (particularly the velvet centerband and the lining - to which a stripe seems to have been sewn to make it longer/replace used fabric) it could have been refurbished back then - this was done. Whether it was done with this cap before or after May 1945 is almost impossible to say. In any case it was done quite professionally and apparently with the special sewing machines that can sew in bill and sweatband in one go. I can see no extra holes in the bill - perhaps it is really a period replacement (otherwise one would see the empty holes of the original seam - or somebody took the pains and resewed it by hand very thoroughly). I can't tell from these pictures. The leather looks indeed quite extraordinary.

The cap cords BTW can't be original to the cap - they still have the RZM paper wrapped around (unless they were put on the refurbished cap and the owner never wore the cap again).

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    First of all thanks for the clarification with the term Klappmütze! Hempe's text states it clearly (and I have tried in vain to establish this fact) that there is a diffence between the Klappmütze (the seam of the sidepanels of which is, at the front, as he writes, considerably longer than the ones at the sides and at the back - by 20 - 30 %) and the Sattelmütze which stands up all around the centerband (with a longer seam at the front and the back and shorter ones at the sides).

To your cap: as it seems quite used (particularly the velvet centerband and the lining - to which a stripe seems to have been sewn to make it longer/replace used fabric) it could have been refurbished back then - this was done. Whether it was done with this cap before or after May 1945 is almost impossible to say. In any case it was done quite professionally and apparently with the special sewing machines that can sew in bill and sweatband in one go. I can see no extra holes in the bill - perhaps it is really a period replacement (otherwise one would see the empty holes of the original seam - or somebody took the pains and resewed it by hand very thoroughly). I can't tell from these pictures. The leather looks indeed quite extraordinary.

The cap cords BTW can't be original to the cap - they still have the RZM paper wrapped around (unless they were put on the refurbished cap and the owner never wore the cap again).
    The cap cord doesn't originally belongs to this Visor. I've added it by myself. Thanks a lot for your assessment though!

This Form IV Gau Visor is one of my two latest Aquisitions. It's in very nice condition, made by Pekuro (RZM #1073), shows nice Bordeaux red piping that indicates the 1939 pattern Gaulevel Regulation.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast