Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!

Article about: This one has to be up there on the beater scale:

Once an Extramuetze:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!   Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!  

Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!   Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!
    P
    Many

Buy the story, not the item:

"Rare pair of items belonging to an unknown NSDAP political leader with a dramatic backstory. Included is a heavily-weathered brown wool visor cap with blue waffenfarbe piping, indicating leadership in the 'Ortsgruppenleitung'. The interior bears a tattered faux leather sweatband with torn rayon lining, which contains the remnants of a diamond-shaped celluloid sweat shield and a faded "2" ink stamp beneath the celluloid. Beneath the leather sweatband is an RZM tag, bearing the ink serial number 'DN63134' yet some of this number may have been lost due to age. The braided rope which once rested upon the faux leather visor has since become disconnected, and the cockade and swastika affixed to the front bears a visible crack. The cap is badly torn and water damaged, commensurate with having spent eight years in a wet basement. WITH: NSDAP standard bearer's gorget and chain, marked 'RZM M5/8' on one back hook and marked 'RZM 1/17' on the back of the two end chain links. The links on the chain bear alternating nationalistic images, including a swastika surrounded by laurels and a German national eagle. The large national eagle, once affixed to the front of the gorget, has since come loose, and the entire piece bears spots of oxidation and wear, also consistent with years of neglect. A contemporary typed document, included with this lot, explains: 'At the end of 1945 in the outlying area of Munich, a band of freed Concentration Camp Inmates chased a local Nazi Official in uniform trying to flee the area. He was never seen again until 1953, when a bombed-out building was demolished. In a basement room that was blocked by heavy rubble, they found 2 bodies - one of which was wearing a party uniform with the hat and gorget next to him...Those items were picked up by a worker from the demolition crew and later gave it to his nephew who sold it to me in the late 1980s at the Munich Fleamarket...' Sold with an extremely water damaged and disbound copy of 'Mein Kampf' (Munich: Franz Eher Nachfolger), dated 1934, with ragged edges and clearly showing signs of significant neglect, likely found in the same premises. Sold as is, only as a curiosity."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!   Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!  

Slight mothing:

minor mothing to the piping:

Critters went DAFfy for this DAF visor:

?

Who put the brand-new way too large reproduction cap strap on this ruin and what for?

"needs a little work":

Once was a nice Schellenberg :

?

I guess that moths don't eat leather chin straps??

?

it needs a LOTTA LITTLE WORK!

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast