Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books

Article about: This is the grand-daddy of all headgear reference books: "Collectors Guide: German Relics, Supplement 2: Headgear" by Stan Bozich. Almost all the hats are from the Bob Coleman coll

I have not yet had a chance to review this book, but it apparently deals with SS TKs & eagles:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books
    P
    Many

This has just been released: "Visor Hats of the German Army 1935-45" by Marcus Rudolf.

"With this book, the author and collector is not only concerned with the army's visor caps, he also sheds light on the different styles of individual manufacturers, effects and materials. Using numerous images from contemporary exhibits, the author presents the various caps of the individual branches of service in detail. The topic is supplemented by numerous background information. Hardcover, bound in A4 format, 180 pages in color, approx. 400 illustrations."

The visors are all shown in large-format color, and is in dual German/English text.
    It is a limited edition, and focuses on Heer visors only.
    It is supported by period photos of various visors in wear (many I had not seen before).
    There are also some RKT visors that I was unaware of, as well as General examples.

Book is available here:

Schirmmützen des Deutschen Heeres / Visor Hats of the German Army 193, 79,00 €
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books   Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  

Wim Saris just recently released Volume 6 of “Headgear of Hitler’s Germany” in a limited edition run.
    The format is much larger than the old Bender books, and utilizes period photos with color pics of original headgear.
    This volume is focused on the Reichsbahn and metal national insignia (ie, eagles).

One of the greatest assets of the book is that Wim has listed all of the RZM-approved makers (both A1 & A2) by # (from A1/1 to A1/1604!).
    So no more going through pages of the RZM handbook trying to figure out who made your hat!

I cannot recommend this series highly enough.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  

Volume 7 is now out, and can be ordered from Mr Saris direct:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3