Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Rudolf von Ribbentrop

Article about: Here is my latest top of the line acquisition.. Purchased through one of my very good friends in Germany. He is a close friend to Ursula von Ribbentrop. He was allowed to buy some of her bro

Rudolf von Ribbentrop
    Rudolf von Ribbentrop in 2015.

In 2008, Rudolf published a biography of his father. "Joachim von Ribbentrop: Mein Vater: Erlebnisse und Erinnerungen" (Joachim von Ribbentrop: My Father. Experiences and Memories) It has currently been translated into French and English. It is a detailed biographical account written by a son, full of personal memories, in which the opposition of the Reich minister to enter the war against the USSR is highlighted. It provides data declassified by the archives of the former USSR on the negotiations of the Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact.

Rudolf von Ribbentrop
    The german edition of his book

Rudolf von Ribbentrop
    The british edition
    I imagine that many of his contemporaries thought on more than one occasion that the son of a figure of the highest order of the Nazi regime would be predestined to spend a comfortable and safe war in some headquarters or in some rearguard destination, but of course it was not like that.

Let us remember that he participated in the front line in the Dutch campaign, the battle of France, the Barbarossa operation, the third battle of Kharkov, the battle of Kursk and the battle of Prokhorovka, the Normandy campaign, the Falaise pocket and the battle of the Ardennes.

He was wounded five times (he "collected" all three wound badges) and earned his country's highest military decoration during WWII.

Rudolf von Ribbentrop

Following the publication of Kurowski's book "Panzer Aces" in 2004, von Ribbentrop sent the editor a letter in correct English that read: "It's nice to be recognized, but I was just another soldier doing my duty, and let's not forget to all the other men who did their duty without receiving any recognition".

Rudolf von Ribbentrop

Rudolf von Ribbentrop
    Chapter 3 of the book “PANZER ACES OF WWII” by Franz Kurowski dedicated to Rudi v R.

Rudolf von Ribbentrop

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rudolf von Ribbentrop
    P
    Many

Rudolf von Ribbentrop
    Obituary of Rudolf von Ribbentrop.

Proud to the last moment of his Finnish decoration earned as a young man, a few years after running around the streets of Londros on his way to school

This is the story we have found under the top hat that our friend Ullergaard has shared

It is true that the family is not chosen and a father is always a father, for any child.

Rudolf von Ribbentrop
    With my son Alex, in Sofia (Bulgaria) in the summer of 2014, in front of a Panzer IV.
    See you soon.

P.S. Ullergaard, we wait to see how the photo looks next to Rudi's top hat

Thanks for letting me use your thread

JMM
    ?

Great work Santi!
    Thanks for posting it.

Santi thank you for putting all this work into this thread.. Great info.. Great pictures.. Just super overall
    Will post the hat with the signed picture when it gets here

Meanwhile a little tribute to Herr Ribbentrop here in the form of a hauptsturmführer uniform, with what would have been some of his medals... ..

What an interesting thread! Well done gentlemen.

Dos
    ?

Some great piece of history you got there Ullergaard. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Outstanding Santi, A pleasure to read. Thank you for sharing your research and work here. And a very generous gift you are giving to Ullergaard.

This has become a very interesting thread. Cheers,

-Dos

Santi and Ullergaard,

Thank you both for sharing! This thread has certainly opened my eyes to the life and career of Herr Ribbentrop. Interesting is an understatement.

Regards,

Joel

Rudolf von Ribbentrop

By the way, we cannot forget to say that chatting about the photo above, in September 2018, in the forum thread "show your signed photos" our friend KMMorris in post # 891 uploaded this other photo....

Rudolf von Ribbentrop

....And commented. "The second photo you have of him in his Panzer IV probably a H or J model is taken near Kharkov during the Third Battle of Kharkov.
    Here is the only other photo of him there, middle with the fur coat".

Thanks again from here, Morris.

Santi
    Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 01-16-2021 at 04:44 PM.

Maybe Chris/Stonemint should make this a pinned/sticky thread! So much great info for others who are interested to dwell into.
    Last edited by Ullergaard; 01-18-2021 at 06:10 PM.

?

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    Rudolf von Ribbentrop

By the way, we cannot forget to say that chatting about the photo above, in September 2018, in the forum thread "show your signed photos" our friend KMMorris in post # 891 uploaded this other photo....

Rudolf von Ribbentrop

....And commented. "The second photo you have of him in his Panzer IV probably a H or J model is taken near Kharkov during the Third Battle of Kharkov.
    Here is the only other photo of him there, middle with the fur coat".

Thanks again from here, Morris.

Santi
    The Soldier pointing is SS Oberscharfuhrer Paul Klose who went on to serve in s SS Panzer Abt 501 . Ribbontrops 6th Kompanie of II / SS Panzer Regt 1 of was supporting the KG led by SS Sturmbannfuhrer Max Hansen .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast