Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

RZM list of approved hat makers

Article about: It was in 1935 in the RZM-handbook with the numbers A1 and A2. In 1938 a new list appeared and in various issues from the "Mitteilungsblatt der RZM" additions were made, as well as

Default RZM list of approved hat makers

It was in 1935 in the RZM-handbook with the numbers A1 and A2. In 1938 a new list appeared and in various issues from the "Mitteilungsblatt der RZM" additions were made, as well as numbers that were withdrawn.

If there would have been enough space in the coming volume 5 for the series "Headgear
    of Hitler's Germany" the list would have been included. But at the end it was decided to not
    include it.

I would like to know if it was of interest for the headgear-collectors to seperately publish
    all the numbers in a seperate addendum-volume to the series. Just simply the numbers
    names and eventual year of entry in the list of the RZM?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM list of approved hat makers
    P
    Many

Default Re: Post your favorite cap please

Hi Wim, yes please, I would be interested in seeing this in print.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Wim, yes please, I would be interested in seeing this in print.

Cheers, Ade.
    Wim-
    I also would be in favor of such a list for reference.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Post 96: yes, such a list indeed existed. It was in 1935 in the RZM-handbook with
    the numbers A1 and A2. In 1938 a new list appeared and in various issues from the
    "Mitteilungsblatt der RZM" additions were made, as well as numbers that were withdrawn.

If there would have been enough space in the coming volume 5 for the series "Headgear
    of Hitler's Germany" the list would have been included. But at the end it was decided to not
    include it.

I would like to know if it was of interest for the headgear-collectors to seperately publish
    all the numbers in a seperate addendum-volume to the series. Just simply the numbers
    Dear Colleague, thanks for heeding our call and your generous offer to include valuable material in the further volumes of your signal works.
    We are grateful for your presence.

I would ally myself with "FB's" statement.

Thank you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Have spoken with mr. Bender about the RZM headgear manufacturer's list, which was intended to be included in volume 5, but at the end left out. The reason was the book would have grown to much (it would have been in the size of my aiguillette-book). Such books are to heavy in fact and do cost a lot of money when shipped' to Europe etc.

He will consider the idea of bringing the list in a seperate "just to look at" booklet, but first there are other books he has sceduled and planned with other authors. So it won't be published soon, when finally agreed and done.
    Who knows he can do it in 2013. I am sure it won't fit in volume 6 (which is by me sceduled in 2014), as I think this book is going to be another heavy one, due to the subject of that particular volume: the Hitler-Jugend organization and all
    about nazi school-systems (as Studentenbund, NPEA, AHS-schools, Feldafing, Ordensburgen, but also the Grosses Waisenhaus-institutions, the various military music-schools, as Heeres- and Luftwaffe-Musikschule and whatever pops up)!

?

Just a thought but if the list is already compiled, it could easily be published as an electronic booklet in PDF format instead of hard copy.
    I would actualy prefer to see more lists, numbers, codes etc published this way because it then becomes a simple matter to search for a name, number or date via the electronic search function.

Also, from studying some of the Mitteilungsblatt der RZM, I think I'm correct in saying that some entries in the lists were makers of hat elements like schirm or leather bands yet do not have an A1 or A2 code. I'll have to look back through my research to find them again but I'm sure they are there..
    It would nice for such a list to include these entries as well I think...

When it will be done, it will be a booklet. About that I am sure. You must see it then a a sort
    of addendum to the headgear-series. But I can consider to make the list as numbers and as
    well in contrary in alphabetical order for the names. A controlled cap should have a tag with a
    number and so the list with numbers is most handsome.

As far as I know suppliers from goods as visors and leather bands, so makers of hat elements
    were not listed as A1 and A2. The A1 and A2 were pure manufacturers for headgear. Visors and
    leather bands came from sub-contractors: the leather industry and industry where fibre was made.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Post 96: yes, such a list indeed existed. It was in 1935 in the RZM-handbook with
    the numbers A1 and A2. In 1938 a new list appeared and in various issues from the
    "Mitteilungsblatt der RZM" additions were made, as well as numbers that were withdrawn.

include it.

Wim, I second the motion.
    BTW, is Volume 5 of HoHG out yet?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Hello stonemint: not yet. Roger noted me yesterday it has not arrived at Bender's place/home yet.
    He does expect it soon.

I know much RZM lists, and they are put together very quikcly, but most of the lists are of not much value at all as they give a number and a name. In my HJ-handbook I did list the A4 numbers for cloth insignia, but with that I gave dates when a permission was revoked/withdrawn or the number was again granted. This gives a better timeframe as sometimes a permission was granted in 1934, but already revoked in 1936 and the specific manufacturer after that no longer was allowed to produce. To give an idea how it is planned for headgear-manufacturers here number 240:

started as A2/240, Eugen Flach, Haspe-Hagen (Westf.), received theur number on March 8, 1935; revoked July 18, 1936. With that date the company got an A1 indication until September 30, 1938, as when the permission was revoked. Since January 25, 1941 theyt got the old number back, but again as an A2/. So gobally it will look in a booklet like:
    A2/240 Eugen Flach 08-03-35 07-18-36
    Haspe-Hagen (Westf.)
    A1/240 Ibid 07-18-36 09-30-38
    A2/240 Eugen Flach 01-25-41
    Haspe (Westf.)
    (for over two years Flach did not have an RZM permission)

but then nicely in columns. I do not include the old adresses. In my opinion the collector only wants to know who had number 240........

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast