Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SS or Heer? And the insignia? Posted for comments, not in my collection

Article about: I get auction notifications and this came through in one of the auction houses notifications. Their description stated that they believe this crusher is actually a Heer remade to Waffen SS.

Default SS or Heer? And the insignia? Posted for comments, not in my collection

I get auction notifications and this came through in one of the auction houses notifications. Their description stated that they believe this crusher is actually a Heer remade to Waffen SS. These are the only images and what makes this harder is the sweat band is not turned down in an image to better inspect. The auction house stated that with the belief that it is a Heer visor that it could be returned to it's original form. It looks pretty good to me but I am not an expert. Also, opinion on the insignia?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS or Heer? And the insignia? Posted for comments, not in my collection   SS or Heer? And the insignia? Posted for comments, not in my collection  

SS or Heer? And the insignia? Posted for comments, not in my collection   SS or Heer? And the insignia? Posted for comments, not in my collection  

SS or Heer? And the insignia? Posted for comments, not in my collection   SS or Heer? And the insignia? Posted for comments, not in my collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS or Heer? And the insignia? Posted for comments, not in my collection
    P
    Many

?

Insignia fake, that skull seems to appear on so many caps
    Regards, Al

I suspected as much, so maybe, just maybe I learned more than I thought, LOL. Any thoughts on the visor itself anyone?

?

The cap doesn't strike me as anything SS. It doesn't look like a rebanded Heer either. Not sure what to make of it.

Is there anything similar to this in the realm of Imperial Caps? not my area at all.
    Regards, Al

?

I agree it is peculiar. I have been looking and the shape and form looks like a

ReichsWehr crusher

Looking forward to what this one is diagnosed as.

?

Imperial artillery for me, see here (post # 2, 7, 10...):

Technical Troops (Feldgrau): Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Imperial artillery for me, see here (post # 2, 7, 10...):

Technical Troops (Feldgrau): Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors
    ErWaSa, think you hit the nail on the head. Looks like it is from that era. With reproduction insignia that devalued what was once a superb early crusher. Of course it can be reversed but the damage from the insignia anchors is done. Sad.

Has anyone seen one of these prior with good SS insignia with provenance? Could one of these or a few been used by the SS 1930's-1945?