Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

SS Kepi for Review and Comment

Article about: Friedrich - on the inside top of my Kepi I can read 'Wasser......" which i guess reads wasserdicht or waterproof, there is also other lettering but well worn so unable to read.Looks lik

Gottliebs is on hold...I know Gerard well, yes he has disappeared.
    Maybe one major US show, one turns up. Bob offered to help me
    Thanks Friedrich

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kepi for Review and Comment
    P
    Many

if anyone knows of a real one for sale please let me know. I have searched for a long time to get one into my personal collection.

William Kramer

would just like to share a few pics I found floating around the web.

William Kramer
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Kepi for Review and Comment  SS Kepi for Review and Comment  SS Kepi for Review and Comment  SS Kepi for Review and Comment 

another relevant photo or two.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kepi for Review and Comment   SS Kepi for Review and Comment  

Wm, there is one at auction at Grenadier right now--the description says it has been vetted on the WAF.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here it is:

ead Rare Circa 1932 SS Kepi
    Description
    The kepi is a nearly non-existent example, as used by the SS in the period prior to the assumption of power of the NSDAP. The kepi has been discussed by several of the most respected experts in the field of SS headgear on the WAF forum. Please cut and paste the following link to view this discussion: Early Allgemeine SS NCO's Kepi The kepi is an approximate size 57 and is made of quality black wool. It retains its original black patent leather chinstrap and side buttons, and features an M-1929 party eagle as well as an early jawless "Danziger" style skull. The crown of the kepi is piped in an alternating double twist of black and white colored cord. The piping would indicate that the kepi was for use by a company grade officer such as a Sturmfuhrer or Sturmhauptfuhrer. The kepi features four ventilation grommets (two on each side). It is fully lined with a dark beige polished cotton and retains its tan leather sweatband. The kepi shows moderate wear from period use, with some perspiration stains to the lining. There are approximately four or five small moth nips scattered throughout the top of the kepi. It is unfaded, and is a quite remarkable example. The overall condition is very good+. Please be sure to review all photos.
    dm34
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kepi for Review and Comment   SS Kepi for Review and Comment  

SS Kepi for Review and Comment   SS Kepi for Review and Comment  

SS Kepi for Review and Comment   SS Kepi for Review and Comment  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

a few I found on the web. Pretty sure they're watermarked to the proper owner.

William Kramer

SS Kepi for Review and Comment  

another I came across.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kepi for Review and Comment  

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10