Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Panzer Feldmutze Authentication

Article about: Hey there everybody, I was hoping to get some help with this growing interest of mine. It is said to be an unissued M43 panzer cap. Felt like I should share here before I continue, thanks. L

?

I have to disagree. The unissued Dachau caps that came from solid veteran traced back US sources had the german heringbone grey lining incl. a size stamp in purple ink, a button hole not machting to the shown example and in ALL cases the late war pirate trap - not the BEVO trap.

However this late war pirate trap in wool is not that easy to find while a black Bevo trap is quite easy to locate......

I have seen quite a few fakes trying to copy this pattern with cardboard visor. This is no longer an indication for a real cap.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Panzer Feldmutze Authentication
    P
    Many

?

Here are a few of this many late war Dachau bring back caps captured by US GIs in Dachau 1945:

They exist also with cotton twill lining and grey cardboard.

SS Panzer Feldmutze AuthenticationSS Panzer Feldmutze AuthenticationSS Panzer Feldmutze AuthenticationSS Panzer Feldmutze AuthenticationSS Panzer Feldmutze Authentication

?

Take a note how the color of the sewing thread has turned into grey/brown from aging even on this unissued / unworn examples. SS Panzer Feldmutze Authentication

?

Even the wool on the thread starter example is not correct for the wool used for this late hats. Once you have had a few in hand you will see this late war hats had a very fine wool but of very low coarse quality and very thin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2