Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

U-Boat Cap

Article about: I recently got a couple of reproduction U-Boat caps I believe the blue one is U-68 Karl- Friedrich Merten, the other white commanders cap U-37 who was the commander of U-37 that wore this ca

?

Default U-Boat Cap

I recently got a couple of reproduction U-Boat caps I believe the blue one is U-68 Karl- Friedrich Merten, the other white cap is U-37 who was the commander of U-37 that wore this cap.

Dennis

U-Boat CapU-Boat Cap

U-Boat Cap

U-Boat Cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-Boat Cap
    P
    Many

Nice gap fillers for an otherwise unobtainable item!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Yes I like them "gap fillers" caps they make a nice display with my "gap filler" replica model U-Boat pity its an otherwise unobtainable item, just as well it wouldn't have fitted into my flat anyway!
    Last edited by stig58; 05-21-2024 at 04:11 AM.

Did you get those from Warhats?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

No I got them off an auction there was a few U-Boat replica items for sale. I got the two caps a white and a blue one and a old 28 inch long model U-Boat I thought they would make a nice display especially if a signed photo of a U-Boat commander was added. I have seen similar hats on the Warhats site but they dont have my two examples so I'm not sure they were ever a product of Warhats.

Dennis

U-Boat Cap

U-Boat Cap

U-Boat Cap

Awesome caps! I've always had a soft spot for these types. It really is nice to have some quality reproductions of certain things. I have a good collection of reproduction Panzer Wraps that would have Cost me an arm and a leg had they all been original. Good stuff.

-Pete

?

Yes Pete the prices of WW2 originals are now too expensive for the regular WW2 collectors. I also collected at one time replica WW2 German medals I had some that were so realistic other than being a expert (I use the term loosely) collector, you couldn’t tell the difference. I think for the sake of your blood pressure and bank account its better investing in museum quality replicas.

Dennis

Love the U Boat by the way! One to add to my meager collection

?

I was going to repair the propeller/rudder, upper deck gun, remove the rust and repaint all the metal parts, but someone pointed out its actually an early a "free flight" model with battery and motor! So I opened the top half of the boat and yes there was a battery and some wiring but badly corroded. So after some consideration I thought the U-Boat should be made seaworthy again. But the restoration will take some time and I have no patience or skill to undertake such a project. So I’m putting it up for sale on eBay soon to let somebody with the dedication and knowledge to put old veteran back onto the water where it belongs.

Dennis

U-Boat Cap

U-Boat Cap

U-Boat Cap